AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or does it appear that Predator was not remastered? There was dirt in the camara lense when the the helicopter was flying in at the start of the movie. Also did anyone else notice how dark the movie was?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
It's just the nature of the beast, I think. Predator looks as good as it possibly can on Blu-ray. Yes, it's ugly but there doesn't seem to be anything they can do to make it look better than this.

I'm going to quote Cliff Stephenson from the thread linked above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Stephenson /forum/post/13525928

Before people complain about how a title looks, it's probably a good idea that they understand how it is SUPPOSED to look and WHY.

Predator has a long back story related to the post-production of the film. The final editor was, in fact, not the credited editor. After some pretty rough and unimpressive cuts, an uncredited editor (who happened to later become a pretty decent director) was brought on to try and fix what wasn't working. In all this work, there were a lot of editorial tricks that were employed to finish that film. Shots were flopped, wide shots were zoomed to create mediums, medium shots were zoomed to create close ups. These tricks contribute to the look of Predator and although I haven't seen the disc yet, I am confident that the BD is representative of this look. This is one of the big problems I have with the tier thread... you have a bunch of guys all judging quality based not on what something should look like, but rather on what they ASSUME it should look like.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
See existing topics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.