AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pdf version of the preliminary specs for the HT300. Seleco sent it to me today. I wasn't sure how to attach to this message. Anyway, I know several people were interested, so if you would like a copy send me an email and I will answer as soon as I can.

Later,

------------------

Keith S.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
You know I want that!! Please e-mail it ASAP..

I sent you a private message with my "real" e-mail..

Thanks !!

-- Cain

·
Registered
250 Posts
Very exciting stuff! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif You've got mail.

------------------

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I don't quite understand why everyone is so concerned about getting DVI on a projector. That connection might work for a RPTV, but for the vast majority of users DVI won't work on FP. DVI is limited to a 5 meter cable, which means that your source (scaler or Hi-Def DVD, or whatever) has to be no more than ~15' from the projector. So, if you have 8' ceilings, this leaves 7' of cable on the floor to get to the source. If you have any slack on either end then you're down to less than 5' of cable. How many people keep their equpiment in the back of the room so that it will be close enough to the projector? I don't and won't.

Fortunately, I don't care to pay for TV so all I need to get is an OTA signal, which can't be encrypted.

1394 on the other hand can have several hundred feet of cable. That should be more than enough for everyone.

-phil

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seleco did respond to a gentelman about DVI and Firewire inputs for the HT300 on their message board. They basically said that it is not an issue/factor yet, and won't be for some time. See their response here http://www.sim2.it/usa/message.html

------------------

Keith S.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Seleco was responding to me -- I'm Matthew Augustine. Wow! A manufacturer that responds to questions! And I only posted that question yesterday. After I get off the floor and recover from my fainting spell, I'll email keithsimp for the PDF.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

Quote:
Seleco did respond to a gentelman about DVI and Firewire inputs for the HT300 on their message board. They basically said that it is not an issue/factor yet, and won't be for some time.
That's such a shame. I thought Seleco would have addressed this issue. With all the source providers signing DVI agreements this is a blow for those who are looking at new projectors.

You would of course expect Seleco to say that "it is not an issue/factor yet, and won't be for some time" because if it is not on the HT-300 then no way can they get it ready for the November release date.

Hell I would be doing the same why would you want to announce that when your brand new projector has not got it covered? I do not think they are that silly.

I expect that the new models announced at CES2002 will address the (HDCP) DVI issue. It looks like anything you buy this year will not be useable with HDCP DVI.

Perhaps in the HT-400 it will be sorted out.

Quote:
1394 on the other hand can have several hundred feet of cable. That should be more than enough for everyone.

-phil
Unfortunately no 1394 is very limited in distance and it has major jitter dramas over distance. It is also at the moment limited to 400Mbps.

DVI has a max data rate of 4.95 Gbps.

DirectTv,EchoStar,TI,Time Warner,Disney,Infocus,Nec,Fox,Sony,Paramount, etc have all agreed on DVI.

See P26 of the Oct Home Theater as well as the SGHT web site in previous news. Do a search for DVI.

Look at Extron site under tech notes for full digital connection details.

DavidW

·
Registered
218 Posts
According to their message board ( http://www.sim2selecousa.com/message.html ),

the HT300 is only 650 Lumens. Arg...

I want to use a 100" GreyHawk and neither the Sharp nor the Seleco look like they are going to be bright enough for me to have any ambient light....

-Jon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.