AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to mount my new projector, an S4, on the rear wall of my theater.

Looking for a pre-built shelf, preferably black to match some nearby software storage shelving, that I could attach to the rear wall (at about 80" high.)

Would be even better if it had some "black sides" that would partially hide the projector.

Target makes a shelf for components, but, it looks to be too small for there to be room for the power cord and cables.

Any rec's / suggestions?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I just delivered a couple different projector shelves to clients a couple weeks ago [one in Rosewood, the other in Macassar Ebony to match Onix Rockets speakers]. These were side order requests to go along with other A/V furniture I’m building for them.

I post these to give you an idea of what can be done if you decide to DIY. The deeper the shelf, the taller you can make the box. It’s basically a box with a lid, such that wall attachment is hidden. I included a couple retainer cleats underneath the top, so it will not slide off. The joints are doweled for strength. Top shelf was finished in black catalyzed textured poly enamel, and box in lacquer, with bottom being black plastic laminate.

http://72.3.177.109/photopost/data/5...lery_shots.jpg

Good luck.

Bruce

Note: if image does not show try replacing 72.3.177.109 with 'forum.**********' in above link [temporary server].

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any non diy suggestions out there? Someone must make a product that's suitable?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucer
I just delivered a couple different projector shelves to clients a couple weeks ago [one in Rosewood, the other in Macassar Ebony to match Onix Rockets speakers]. These were side order requests to go along with other A/V furniture I’m building for them.
Bruce - great looking shelf - are you taking orders on these shelves?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor06
Bruce - great looking shelf - are you taking orders on these shelves?
Thanks,

Not really, at least not for just one at a time. I might consider a small batch run, if there are several folks interested. Everyone would need to agree on a fairly standard size/shape/finish. The one pictured was about 23†wide X 13â€+ deep
X 3-1/2†high – for example.

E-Mail me for further discussions / requests.

Bruce​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.