AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does anybody know about the premier acoustic and the av123 rockets being one in the same. Ive listened to both at different times and if i recall right, i swear they sound close the same, the rocket 850 and the pa-8f. the only difference that i see is the cabinets. They both have piano black finishes on the top, same woofers, tweeters....at least that what i see.

what do you guys think? comments

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by budkole /forum/post/16843255

What does anybody know about the premier acoustic and the av123 rockets being one in the same. Ive listened to both at different times and if i recall right, i swear they sound close the same, the rocket 850 and the pa-8f. the only difference that i see is the cabinets. They both have piano black finishes on the top, same woofers, tweeters....at least that what i see.

what do you guys think? comments

You can't be SERIOUS. You think these two speakers and drivers look the same? They aren't even remotely close.

Rocket RS-850:

Premiere Acoustics PA-8F:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The tweeters aren't even remotely the same either. The RS-850 uses a VIFA ring radiator style tweeter and the Premiere Acoustic's use a titanium dome tweeter. Other differences.... the midrange and midbass drivers on the Rockets are Aluminum cones where the midrange and midbass drivers on the Premiere Acoustics are a mylar cone material. The drivers are of different size and there is a different number of drivers. The Rockets have curved cabinets and the P/A's are rectangular.

The two couldn't look and be any more different than a Bose Cube speaker and a Klipsch LaScala. I'm sure they don't sound even close either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadriverfalls /forum/post/16843830

The tweeters aren't even remotely the same either. The RS-850 uses a VIFA ring radiator style tweeter and the Premiere Acoustic's use a titanium dome tweeter. Other differences.... the midrange and midbass drivers on the Rockets are Aluminum cones where the midrange and midbass drivers on the Premiere Acoustics are a mylar cone material. The drivers are of different size and there is a different number of drivers. The Rockets have curved cabinets and the P/A's are rectangular.

The two couldn't look and be any more different than a Bose Cube speaker and a Klipsch LaScala. I'm sure they don't sound even close either.

Yes, i can be serious?... besides, dont get your pannies in a bunch, i can ask a question as well as make an observation....why do you think asked what everyone else thinks..geez ps, i think i touched on the fact that the cabinets are different.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The woofers and mid definitely look different.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Well, in your picture, they've changed to aluminum cone drivers as opposed to the picture I got from the Premier Acoustics website that show the mylar cones. But just because two speaker manufacturers happen to use an aluminum cone driver, certainly doesn't mean the are "one in the same." There are many manufacturers who make aluminum cone drivers. They may "look" similar, but are likely as different as night and day.

I still can't believe you think the titanium dome tweeter on the P/A's looks just like the VIFA ring radiator on the Rockets.

Bottom line.... they are not one in the same.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by budkole /forum/post/16846179

im getting old, my eye sometimes lie..lol

LOL.... no my friend, I'M the one who's getting to be an old fart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.