AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2113 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
I had a weird deal as well but it was not bad.


I ordered the PA 120 for less $$ thinking it would be cherry like the picture on ebay. However, I received the H100 which cost more $$ and it was solid black. I was happy though because it now matches my HT decor.


Either way, the sub is in the corner behind a side couch table so it would not have mattered but I thought it was a little weird.


Overall, I am very happy with the sub and my experience using the ebay vendor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I just called Mike to see if I could still get the VK-12 for $280 which he offered to a couple of people last month. He said, "Nope, the VK-12 has gone up to $329." "Gee, that's too bad, it's a little out of my price range." "Well, that's what it is." Click!


No question of what my price range was, or suggestion of the H-100 or PA-120 as an alternative. Not impressed at all. Guess I'll be looking at something else from someone else. Back to the drawing board...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
I'm a cheap bastard and demand BEST BANG FOR BUCK..


The Pa-120


Is a Great Sub for the money.


i would say the PA-120 IS the best Bang for buck Powered Sub available As of right now.

( now that the VK-12 is up in price)


The PA-120 Can be had new For $172 Shipped!! after live cash back..

even cheaper if you fortunate enough to have received a %10 off fleabay coupon code in your fleabay mail from fleabay.

( $148 after cash back )


If you don't know about the Live.com cash back offer read about it hear

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...4602&t=1044322

http://cgi.ebay.com/BIC-Acoustech-H-...742.m153.l1262


cheers


Murphy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Wanted to get the PA-120 this afternoon, $160 with the cashback is just too good to refuse. But unfortunately they are all out of black, won't be in stock for 3 weeks according to Mike. The 30% cashback will probably be gone by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Have you looked at this site? sounddistributors.com (sorry can't post link yet as I am too new
)


They have EBAY store that has the PA-120 in stock with buy it now...for the live/cashback deal. You might want to call to double check, and to get the exact number of the offer...since a couple of the descriptions are a bit vauge....They have good seller ratings....


If you order at their store directly, I think you can use a coupon code of TV15 and get 15% off you order...but you don't get the cash back...just another option.....


Cashback looks to be at 20% right now...was 30% earlier today....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSparks /forum/post/15202610


Wanted to get the PA-120 this afternoon, $160 with the cashback is just too good to refuse. But unfortunately they are all out of black, won't be in stock for 3 weeks according to Mike. The 30% cashback will probably be gone by then.



$170 shipped is A great geal .


you can buy it now and waite a bit. At least you save some cash.


here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%2B%26_fvi%3D1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Yep, I did just that. I requested last night to post another "pre-order" auction for the black. Cashback is still 25% if you use the right search parameters, so for $172 shipped I can't complain. Don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks as long as it does eventually come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSparks /forum/post/15204704


Yep, I did just that. I requested last night to post another "pre-order" auction for the black. Cashback is still 25% if you use the right search parameters, so for $172 shipped I can't complain. Don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks as long as it does eventually come.

I'm still getting 20% so would you perhaps care to share what search criteria you're using to get the 25% to pop ? -- Thanks !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PannyMann /forum/post/15206423


I'm still getting 20% so would you perhaps care to share what search criteria you're using to get the 25% to pop ? -- Thanks !

Search for wii fit


There will be a 2nd cashback link at the top which says something about ebay stores and 25% cashback. Go through that link and you're in with 25%. It does not appear you have to buy from an ebay store or anything. Got this info from SD, several people are saying it works. I went through the transaction and the 25% back is already showing up in my account as pending for 60 days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
in a way i don't see how he stays in business--strictly on cheap price i guess, because sending out the wrong subwoofer doesn't seem unusual and a pleasant demeanor certainly isn't it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLsound4645 /forum/post/15198660


Do you think this will sound good on it.

I'll let you know... Should be in on Friday..But that's NOT me in the pic!


FYI... I guess I was lucky enough to get 30% off at live.com. I had no Idea it fluctuated so much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Hey all, if you've got the Ebay PA 120, it seems like there may be some discrepancies between the ebay photos and the actual sub. Can you tell me:


What are the available connections on the sub to the AVR (speaker inputs, mono RCA input)?


Is there an adjustable crossover dial on the sub, and or volume control?


Do you know if it has an auto on/off capability?


Thanks for any detailed description of the sub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSparks /forum/post/15206530


Search for wii fit


There will be a 2nd cashback link at the top which says something about ebay stores and 25% cashback. Go through that link and you're in with 25%. It does not appear you have to buy from an ebay store or anything. Got this info from SD, several people are saying it works. I went through the transaction and the 25% back is already showing up in my account as pending for 60 days.

Tried and no lick. I've bout 11 items using the cashback and maybe they are lowballing me just before I reach the 12 item max limit. I'll just wait awhile until they put it back up to 25 - 30%


Thanks for getting back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFla /forum/post/15208802


Hey all, if you've got the Ebay PA 120, it seems like there may be some discrepancies between the ebay photos and the actual sub. Can you tell me:


What are the available connections on the sub to the AVR (speaker inputs, mono RCA input)?


Is there an adjustable crossover dial on the sub, and or volume control?


Do you know if it has an auto on/off capability?


Thanks for any detailed description of the sub

rca

yes

yes


=)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I got mine today. (black) Box looked good, seemed unopened. Took it out and it looked great. Wiped the top down with a damp cotton cloth and I noticed some issues on the "plastic" part. Basically on the top and on the bottom front lip. There are light scratches which arent a huge deal but then there are these two spots where its hard to explain, but it looks like a "sticker good" or something on the plastic, but its not, its smooth, but you cant clean it off. It's really weird. I contacted the seller (ebay) and I'm not looking forward to talking to him after reading this thread.


Unfortunately we're finishing a home construction and I cant test it, but it looks like it should work, and its very heavy/well constructed. Hopefully it sounds good. The problems appear to just be cosmetic and hopefully he works with me.


I can help some people out though. On the questinos on the back panel. Here is a cropped photo of the back.


Let me know if you need any other shots, I took a few just in case the seller wants some photos (although its incredibly hard to photograph this thing, its very reflective).


Here is a cropped shot of the back for those who wanted to know what it had:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Just finally got around to hooking up my system which consists of:


Panasonic 50" Plasma 720p

Denon AVR-1909

Energy C-500 fronts

Energy C-100 Center

Energy C-R100 Surrounds

PA-120 sub


Got a lot of Tweakin' to do and for starters, I can't find the manual for the PA-120 so could anyone recommend what settings (primarily for the Phase and Crossover) to use. I will be running Audysey which should set my crossover for me - so should I leave the sub at the lowest freq setting?


Thanks in advance
 
21 - 40 of 2113 Posts
Top