AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yamaha rx-v1500 and it has several pre-outs. I am trying to figure out if the subwoofer pre-out sends out the same type of signal as the left/right preouts. Reason? I'm trying to come up with a way to take the subwoofer signal, split it, and then feed it back to the receiver (hopefully as an analog input) so I can use the zone 2 feature to drive a set of bass-shakers. I want the bass shakers to only operate when there is a low frequency sound.

I was told by one AV shop that this process would work. I was told by BB staff that there is a difference between the left right preouts and the subwoofer preouts. He said that one set is 128 bitrate, while the other is "frequency".

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Friar

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
Quote:
He said that one set is 128 bitrate, while the other is "frequency".
It means the BB guy didn't have a clue, and used two technical sounding words to make a sentence.

The outputs are analog.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Quote:
It means the BB guy didn't have a clue, and used two technical sounding words to make a sentence.

bwaahahahah! that's awesome!

Anyway, yes as he said all the preouts are analog, don't listen to BB guys, like...ever. I'm not familiar with your receiver, so if the AV shop is right about the features then it shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.