AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Any confirmation yet whether the NFL network HD games will be shown in HD on DirecTV?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good question! I sent an email to D* asking that question. As of yet, I haven't had a reply. Anyone else got any info? As always with D*, it continues to be...

HAPPY WAITING!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg
Thanks. Any confirmation yet whether the NFL network HD games will be shown in HD on DirecTV?
They were last year in the 90 range. The HD side was not 24/7 though. Only when NFL Net had a HD program that was on at the same time on channel 212.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng
They were last year in the 90 range. The HD side was not 24/7 though. Only when NFL Net had a HD program that was on at the same time on channel 212.
Last year, there were no HD pre-season games from NFL Network. As somebody pointed out in the original thread on this subject, the Game of the Week shows were carried on DirecTV the last two years. That is the only evidence we have so far that perhaps they will carry (some of) the NFL Network's pre-season games.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for replies. So who is correct, foxeng or tbb1226? I didn't have HD at this time last year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
tbb1226 is correct. I don't think the NFL Network had any pre-season games last year in HD. They did have the Game of the Week in HD during regular season which was shown on channel 90-something. By the way, I still have NO reply from D* with the answer to this question! :mad:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
No, there definitely were no pre-season games in HD from NFL Network last year. This is the first time they've done it. I don't know about D* showing them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
:rolleyes: I finally got a reply from my email to D* on this matter! The answer appears to be "maybe". Par for the course for D*! I guess we'll just have to wait until next week to find out if any NFL network games appear on channel 84 (or somewhere else). Here's the reply from Directv:

Thank you for writing. The NFL Network is the destination for all that happens around the league during the season, and throughout the off-season. The NFL NETWORK provides some programs in high definition with the HD Package on channel 84. While we do not have a list of all programs in HD on this channel, you may visit DIRECTV.com for more information once it becomes available.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for writing. The NFL Network is the destination for all that happens around the league during the season, and throughout the off-season. The NFL NETWORK provides some programs in high definition with the HD Package on channel 84. While we do not have a list of all programs in HD on this channel, you may visit DIRECTV.com for more information once it becomes available.
That is the same response I got this morning, considering the first gane will be on in 3 days I can't believe they don't have a "list" YET.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.