AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the games I am most looking forward to are

CoD6: MW2 (yes I think they are calling it CoD again
). Prob going to run great as like all prev CoD games on a lot of hardware with good eye candy. Prob will waste a few more years of my life on multiplayer with this game...

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Looks like a very intense combat sim rather a straight up FPS. So far the various trailers looks great. A little concern that this may end up being a systems hog like ARMA II
. The rec system specs are relatively high for a game. But looks like it will support quad cores.

Minimum requirement

Operating system: Windows XP SP2 or later

GPU: DirectX 9.0c GPU: Shader 3.0 (GeForce 7900 GT / 256 MB VRAM or higher)

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

1 GB Memory: 1 GB

8 GB Hard disk: 8 GB

CPU: Dual Core CPU 2 x 2.4 GHz

DVD-ROM DVD drive: Dual Layer DVD-ROM

Recommended System

Operating system: Windows XP SP2 or later

GPU: Shader 3.0 (GeForce 8800 GT / 512 MB VRAM or higher), DirectX 9.0c

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Memory: 2 GB

Hard disk: 8 GB

CPU: Quad Core CPU

DVD drive: Dual Layer DVD-ROM

http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint/

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
This year's upcoming PC titles that immediately come to mind as definite buys are:

Wolfenstein

Resident Evil 5

Modern Warfare 2

Dragon Age: Origins

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Assassin's Creed II

Borderlands

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Arkham Asylum

Mars Red Faction: Guerrilla (not sure about this one yet- the PC port could be iffy)

Borderlands

Dragon Age: Origins

?????

(Sad that I have a PS3 and I can't think of 1 game to buy for it)

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I'll be getting: (all pre-ordered)

wolfenstein (tomorrow!!!)

MW2 (as with tinker, I will waste many an hour on the multi-player
)

OFP: Dragon rising

Red Faction (soo much fun!)

but I must say I'm looking forward to NHL 10 for the 360! Got the team ready to go! lol

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 /forum/post/17015955

Same here, and that applies to my Xbox 360 as well. The PC gaming experience is so much better anyway.

I am waiting for FORZA 3 on the x360, def buy for me, shld be out about the same time that I am scheduled to get the FANATEC Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel. Sorry back to PC gaming thread and sim racing in GTR2.

Winter may actually be fun this year. Snipe a few baddies in MW2 multi, die trying to get the AI to follow orders in Op Flashpoint and crashing cars that I could never afford and with out danger of loosing my driving lic or life with GTR2 and Forza 3 in my sim rig...hell it may actually be a fun winter. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snoooow...oops got carried away there, LOL it's only August.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just built my rig last week, so I have a few games to get through first but here is what I am waiting on:

Final Fantasy XIV

Halo 3

Aion

Gears of War 2

I just bought:

The Last Remnant

Crysis

Team Fortress 2

·
Registered
8,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJonathan /forum/post/17016318

What? No love for Mafia II? Me so sad!

Oh, I'm definitely going to get Mafia II. My particular list was for games scheduled for a 2009 release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKPSB /forum/post/17018825

Just built my rig last week, so I have a few games to get through first but here is what I am waiting on:

Gears of War 2

Unfortunately, Cliff Bleszinski and Epic Games claim to be entirely uninterested in releasing a PC version of Gears of War 2.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 /forum/post/17018894

Oh, I'm definitely going to get Mafia II. My particular list was for games scheduled for a 2009 release.

Unfortunately, Cliff Bleszinski and Epic Games claim to be entirely uninterested in releasing a PC version of Gears of War 2.

Thats what they said about Gears 1. After the initial sales of Gears 2 are done with on the 360, MS will prob release it for the PC. Hey its additional revenue. The game was prob as all console games developed on a PC any way. Just have to change the controls a little as they did in Gears 1 and bingo another few million $$$. Regadless what Cliffy B and Epic says (or wants) the rights (publish) I think are own by MS and MS always go where the money is. Even if not, would Epic really want to tangle with MS..."if", MS wants to release it for the PC.

ADD: will the port be any good, that is another question...but it will eventually find its way to the PC would be my bet.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/17019006

Thats what they said about Gears 1. After the initial sales of Gears 2 are done with on the 360, MS will prob release it for the PC. Hey its additional revenue. The game was prob as all console games developed on a PC any way. Just have to change the controls a little as they did in Gears 1 and bingo another few million $$$. Regadless what Cliffy B and Epic says (or wants) the rights (publish) I think are own by MS and MS always go where the money is. Even if not, would Epic really want to tangle with MS..."if", MS wants to release it for the PC.

That is all true. In addition to what you said, their claim did likely push a good number of Xbox 360 version sales among those initially waiting for it to reach the PC.

It may very well face Microsoft's usual "let the 360 version sales die down, and then reinvigorate the game a year or more later by releasing a PC version with some extra features" treatment. This seems to be the fate of Alan Wake as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts