AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hands off a used but almost brand new RCA DTC-100 receiver from a local guy who was selling it and didn't realize what it was used for (He didn't even know that there was a brand new HU card in the back behind the plastic cover).

But anyway, It turns out that this receiver works perfectly and it runs the older firmware update. It's so cool that it even puts out all the nationwide local channels! (Which is gone after the newer firmware updates)

I disconnected the receiver completely and now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can keep the receiver from not updating firmware so I can keep viewing all the local channels.

Has anyone does this or know of how it can be done? I tried looking out there on google but come up with nothing.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Don't bother PM'ing rsohn to ask him any info on his setup! It seems he will ask you to pay him $5 first...

Funny how Ken H helped him out for free, but when others simply ask him what firmware version he has (and/or for some URLs) he has his hand out wanting money for his "services"!!

:mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're pretty stupid STL. Ken posted the information right here. There's nothing more for me to tell you except that if you're too stupid to do your own homework, then you deserve to pay me $20 in order to spoon feed you.

Plus, if you go out search for this kind of stuff out on newsgroups, you'll also find your answer there.

You are pretty dumb, don't be mad and don't blame me cuz you're too stupid and lazy to try to figure it out for yourself. Go out there and read!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I also asked what software version your DTC-100 as I was trying to determine if mine would do the local channel thing like yours. You wouldn't answer that simple question without me paying you $5 first. I hope people read this thread and request a $5 payment from you before answering any future questions you post here!

With further searching (and yes I did some initial searching before emailing/PM'ing you) I was able to determine that the DTC-100 needs to have version 3.72 to get the "features" you were talking about. Here's the thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=25652

And I'm not asking people to pay me ANYTING for this information!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rsohn
Has anyone does this or know of how it can be done? I tried looking out there on google but come up with nothing.
And you are saying that I don't do my homework!! Geez!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then good for you. See? All you had to do was go out there and do a little searching on your own.

The only reason why I asked to charge you $5 was because you asked me outside this forum and you contacted me about it through EBAY. Ebay is not a help/tech support forum and I automatically deny all help requests via Ebay.

If you posted a message or a followup here at this forum, then I'm sure I would've replied back to you with more information.

I told you my main peeve is I hate to help other people who don't try to go out for themselves first and just want everything spoonfed to them. It's just me, but I hate helping newbies who just post a question when it's obvious that they didn't try the simple things (like searching through this forum) where they would've easily gotten the answer.

You just proved my point on this. If you just spent the extra time to do a simple search, you would've never have had to ask me on ebay and you would've never complained.

It's not hard people and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do a friggin search.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes I contacted you via eBay too. I emailed you right back (with a link to this thread) telling you that I was also a forum member and had PM'ed you too, but that didn't seem to matter to you. I got the impression you still wanted $5 if I wanted to know what firmware version your DTC-100 had. That's what really upset me!

I agree that I hate people (like newbies) that post without even trying to search first. I did try a search before posting but with the keywords I was using I wasn't getting any information.

You say that I proved your point, and I guess you are correct. But look at yourself, you posted a question here without searching (well enough) to find that there was already a thread with the info!! So you're just as 'guilty' as I am -- in fact at least I kept searching and found my answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like I said, I'm in no way obgliated to answer any of your questions (ESPECIALLY ON EBAY) when you should've posted it to a forum like here in the first place.

The big picture is, don't ask me for help by contacting me directly. I won't respond. Post it on a forum or newsgroup and then I will respond where everyone can benefit. I don't respond to private emails or individual emails because I had 80+ other people individually emailing me, seeking the same information. Hence, that's why I said I charge $5 to scare everyone away. You swear I'm that greedy or something. You saw my high rating feedback on ebay...the $5 is more of a scare tactic and it works well for me.

I am not going to respond to all those people. I don't care if you're a member of this forum and I don't care if you're a moviestar. That's not supposed to entice me to reply to emails.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Enough. This topic is closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.