AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there such a large price difference between these two sets,mrsp is only $1000 apart,however online priceing appears to be over $1800 +,I really want to buy the 151 but still out of my budjet

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can buy 6020 from authorized online retail stores, most notably Amazon who puts price pressure on all other online stores. You can't buy the 151 from any store online from a reputable site and Amazon can't sell 151s.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Check the forum sponsors and you will find a great ONLINE deal on an Elite 151.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Fargus777,I did get a quote from a very reputable sponser,however prices on the 151 simply have not come down as much as the pio 6020 or even like the 58'' panasonics which are selling for less than $3000!!,the 151's are still in the $5000 ballpark,I simply cannot afford that much,so I guess I'll just have to wait it out

·
Registered
525 Posts
When i bought my Mits 55859 over 6yrs ago I knew my next set would be the top of the line of whatever I got.

I was happy with the picture on the Mits and would still be watching it if it hadn't of died Christmas Eve.

I saw the Elite 150s when they came out and it or a Diamond Mits were the two likely successors. As I don't upgrade/Buy just for the sake of having a new set every year or two waiting is easy for me. Though I did add a 32" Sharp LCD and a Panny 37" plasma.

If someone isn't ready to pay the price for a Piioeer/Elite a Panasonic 800/850 for $2700 or less is a great set, and when you don't have a pioneer/elite on the other side of the room to compare, you'll love it.

So buy the Panny now and in 4-5 years when the Pioneer/Sharp Lcds have been perfected and look as good as a 151 now, get one of them for perhaps the price of a panny today. Of course by then the panny's will/should be less also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts