AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a swag - and please let me get at least a couple responses so I can get a ballpark figure - what/if anything do you think I can sell my ONKYO SR-605 for if I pick up the SR-608.

The wifey will kill me if I can't unload it for "something" but it has to be at least a bill in her mind's eye.

·
Premium Member
93,254 Posts
There's two used on Amazon for $250 and one on ebay for $300, so likely near $200 at least ... just depends on how fast you have to sell it. Although if you simply want to pass 3D video, why not upgrade to a dual HDMI BDP instead and keep the 605? If you do decide to upgrade to HDMI 1.4, do yourself a favor and upgrade to Audyssey MultEQ which includes sub filtering as neither the 605 or 608 does this using only the basic 2EQ.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie
There's two used on Amazon for $250 and one on ebay for $300, so likely near $200 at least ... just depends on how fast you have to sell it. Although if you simply want to pass 3D video, why not upgrade to a dual HDMI BDP instead and keep the 605? If you do decide to upgrade to HDMI 1.4, do yourself a favor and upgrade to Audyssey MultEQ which includes sub filtering as neither the 605 or 608 does this using only the basic 2EQ.
I already pulled the trigger on the 608, but it was mainly the additional sub out and ability to convert my unusable rear channels into front-highs - which I can use. The HDMI is the lesser of the two concerns, really, since I've acquired enough equipment to make it a non-issue with my 605. Now that I'm going to have six inputs I have to figure out what to do with my several monoprice repeaters, lol.

As for the quality of the 605, the only thing that's wrong with it is that the back of it is scratched up from the several times I found myself searching for the HDMI port blindly, with arm outstretched and behind me in typical male fashion. Which is also the worst and only (cosmetic) damage.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate it. We'll see how it goes trying to unload it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts