AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick price check on the Sanyo vs. the Boxlight. There doesn't seem to be much of a price difference. Am I missing something? Why would one go with the clone if there is no price advantage?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
One real good reason: Boxlight will fix your projector for free anytime in the first 3 years if a pixel goes out.

Dan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anybody have any other reasons why to go with a Boxlight rather than the Sanyo?

Also, why aren't the Boxlights cheaper? :mad:

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The projectors are identical so there is no reason why the Boxlight should be less. It is customary in the projector business for companies to oem to each other to complete each others respective product lines. Boxlight provides 24/7 customer service. That means if you call 3 in the morning an oncall person will actually call you back. Boxlight as a company is dedicated to excellence in customer service. It is intentional and one way they distinguish themselves from other companies. Another example is that Boxlight offers 120 day warranty on the lamp where most companies offer 90 days. Any major purchase involves the consideration of many factors. Price is important as is customer service, how comfortable you feel with the seller, was a particular seller able to help you refine your decision and your evaluation of the assessabilty and competence of the technical assistance and the service department.

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
174 Posts
Search this forum for Boxlight 38T and check out this thread http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/006812.html

I ended up spending a few hundred dollars more and getting the Boxlight 40T. It is an excellent projector with a lot of brightness in ambient light and its internal processing is much superior to the 38T. Somewhere in this forum I give a full comparison between the two.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.