AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe that no-one has mentioned this, but on Projector Central, every dealer who shows a price is now showing a price of $1,199 for this projector! I wonder if they are clearancing them out for a new X2!

Any thoughts.... It also looks like you can still get the $100 rebate putting the projector at $1,100!!!!!

Prices are coming down folks!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
WoW'erhhsss..

Another price drop. Boy those X1's must not cost nothing to manufacture to keep lowering there price.

Kinda like an New Chevy and all the rebates they offer... they just keep going down and down and down.

Cool Deal!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So no-one knows why they dropped the price?

Do you think that

A) Sanyo Z1 gave away free bulb with purchase

B) Dell selling 2100 for around $800/or so 2X color wheel SVGA, but no zoom lens?

C) Dell selling 3200 for around $1700/or so 2X color wheel XGA, with zoom lens...

D) New X2 coming out?

E) Hot competition all around and they want to be first in the door....

Guys feel free to pipe in!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Quite frankly, I don't really care. I enjoy it way too much! I just showed it to a few friends on the weekend and they all want it now. Shouldn't have shared the secret, dammit!:D

piesek

·
Registered
445 Posts
Even on the InFocus web site they dropped the price to "$1,199.00" not just the store mentioned above. That is direct from the InFocus Store

- Scott

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I got mine for the new reduced price right here at AVScience. It was probably the best experience I have ever had buying something over the Internet. Jason rulez!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Alex3000,

Really discouraging, isn't it? My projector arrives today and I am not even going to open it until I get an answer. (Maybe I should though because there is no restocking fee for

·
Registered
607 Posts
"Infocus has a funny arrangement between authorized and unauthorized retailers.... "

Don't believe that. The guy from a retailer with the initials PS told me that and I asked Infocus direct. See response below. This was about a month ago.

Dear Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to contact InFocus Corporation. In response

to your question, at this time InFocus does not have anyone on it's

deauthorized list. You are safe to purchase from whomever you wish and

still receive all enduser promotions and rebates associated with that model

projector. However we do recommend you use your best judgment and exercise

caution when dealing with any company offering deals that seem to good to be

true. Our current list is subject to change without, or very little notice,

so please contact us again for any future request.

Thank you,

Alayna Anderson

Customer Service

InFocus Corporation

27700B SW Parkway Avenue

Wilsonville, OR 97070-9215

1-800-294-6400 - toll free

(503) 685-8888 - local

·
Registered
55 Posts
X1 was not made for home cinema. Infocus is working on an affordable 16:9 PJ using the Matterhorn chip. Not sure when they will make the announcement, but I think it will be a big hit. :)

Robert-

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeff, what is CDW's return policy in case of seeing rainbows/getting headaches on the X1?

Robertaas, Can you tell us a little more about the Matterhorn chip? Don't leave us in suspense! Is it a DLP 16:9 chip and a 2X wheel? How high is the contrast ratio, bulb life, etc.. How soon is it coming out?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Matterhorn is a 1024x576, 12 degree, 16:9 chip. The only PJ with this chip that is out so far is using a 2,5x 6-segment wheel. Just make a search for Matterhorn to find some threads.

Robert-

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Running a quick google search on DLP Chips and Matterhorn. I think I found the specs for the chip

1024X567 16:9 DLP Chip. I wonder if there are any projectors out there with this chip yet.

·
Banned
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by robertaas
X1 was not made for home cinema. Infocus is working on an affordable 16:9 PJ using the Matterhorn chip. Not sure when they will make the announcement, but I think it will be a big hit. :)

Robert-
where did u get the info?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Several (over a dozen) replies to this thread were removed for violating the "no pricing talk, no where-to-buy talk" rules. Since this thread has been superceded anyway by this thread , I'm closing this one to new replies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.