AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While browsing my local Best Buy today, I noticed that the price on the 50" Panasonic LCD has gone up by $300. I won't post the prices due to the new forum rules.


I hoped that the less expensive Panny would put pressure on the more expensive digital HD sets. Not the other way around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
I haven't seen this set in either of the BBs here in Charlotte and it isn't on their website. It was advertised in the Sunday sales flyer one time about 4 or 5 weeks ago but other than that its MIA at Best Buy here, Strange...........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RobbinMerritt
While browsing my local Best Buy today, I noticed that the price on the 50" Panasonic LCD has gone up by $300. I won't post the prices due to the new forum rules.


I hoped that the less expensive Panny would put pressure on the more expensive digital HD sets. Not the other way around.
RobbinMerritt ,


AFAIK, when it cam out - BB had them in their weekly circular - and were selling them @ retail. I went in, and asked about a price match. The manager looked up prices in the computer, and said that it was marked wrong - and then printed out a new price tag - at $300 more.


David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by wondso
At my local BB the price went up 300 also. However, they were giving you a dvd player and long term financing. Marketing gimmick! ;)
Ah, Now I understand. I hadn't looked at the details on the price tag. That explains it. Thanks wondso.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
The local BB here also raised the price by $300. However Circuit City had it for 2899. BB price matches and i got 24 mo financing. it arrived on Sat. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bookworm
I haven't seen this set in either of the BBs here in Charlotte and it isn't on their website. It was advertised in the Sunday sales flyer one time about 4 or 5 weeks ago but other than that its MIA at Best Buy here, Strange...........


I noticed they don't have it at the Best Buys' here in Charlotte either. I have seen it at both Circuit City's I have been to here in Charlotte though. The one on University City Blvd and the one on South Boulevard. My set was delivered from the South Boulevard Circuit City though I purchased it at the Circuit City in Raleigh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I remember a couple weeks ago bestbuy had it up by 300 but there was clearly a "SALE" that said 10% off all big screen tvs above yada yada...



So basically they were trying to get you to pay retail and making you think you saved $$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by folgersnyourcup
I noticed they don't have it at the Best Buys' here in Charlotte either. I have seen it at both Circuit City's I have been to here in Charlotte though. The one on University City Blvd and the one on South Boulevard. My set was delivered from the South Boulevard Circuit City though I purchased it at the Circuit City in Raleigh.
I remember last month someone had bought the TV in Circuit City in L.A. but when I went there to demo it, it wasn't there. When I asked a CC CSR if they had the TV on the floor, they said they don't carry that TV (at that store) since the 'demographics' dictate that this particular TV wouldn't sell well in L.A. even though they had plasma screens worth 3x as much on display.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top