AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I would be the last person to buy anything at Sears except for Craftsman tools - but I read about their price matching on this forum and I can't believe the deal I got this morning.

For a new Hitachi 43UWX10B 43" HD Monitor (reg price $2199) they price matched the cheapest Internet price I could find, $1860 ($1845 + $15 delivery). Then they added the 10% discount Sears was offering last week on top of this. And lastly I got no payment no interest for a year + another $10 off for opening a sears charge account. Total price before sales tax = $1664, plus no payments and no interest for 12 months.

I called and talked with a salesperson before I went in this morning and made it clear I was ready to buy today if they would do the price match - 10%. Or I would just wait for the next sale. He called me back 30 minutes later saying his manager had approved it. I brought in printouts from 3-4 web sites to get the price match, and that was it. They are delivering it, also free, this Sunday !

They also carry Mitsubishi and Toshiba... Sears. Who would have thought...

------------------

- Dan

·
Registered
987 Posts
Which websites did you print quotes from for them to match? $15 shipping??? I've never seen that online. I'd drive down to YOUR Sears for a deal like that.

------------------

-Kieran.

(Member since ~01/98 but AVS killed my membership

after a few months of no posting.)
My HT page

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.