AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive herd of a few people price matching plasma TV's at best buy with online sources can it be done? ive herd that people have used buy direct as a source. i understood that it could only be online stores that also have a physical retail store. if otherwise please tell your story.

I plan on getting the Pioneer PDP-5071HD

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I've done it with both stores that have a B&M and also those that are only online. You just have to find the right Manager. Either they can match the price, or I go somewhere else or just buy it online. I tell them it's their choice, but I'm prepared to buy right now if they can match.

Why not buy a 5070 from a forum sponsor online?

Good luck!

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's really at their discretion as it's not technically defined in their price-match documentation. They almost always will price match a B&M's online store and sometimes, although vary rarely, an online only store. Usually they will include the price of shipping, which is fair considereing BB usually has their TVs in stock and ready to go.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
B&M = brick and mortar

Meaning a store with an actual building or storefront where they sell merchandise unlike an online only store which only sells merchandise online. A B&M online store is like BB - they have a B&M store and also sell online.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I work for a retailer and we are not allowed to do a price match unless the store has the product in stock ready for pick up. But i will also say that if you go when they are not busy and you talk to a manager they will usually price match. But from personal experience on both sides of the counter dont try to argue for something against protocal when they are busy you wont get your way. I havae also had better exxperience with in stoore warranties. You get at home service and if they cant fix it then they will usually swap out. But every store (not just chain) is different it depends on the management and mood of the employees.

·
Premium Member
18,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e39money /forum/post/0

ive herd of a few people price matching plasma TV's at best buy with online sources can it be done? ive herd that people have used buy direct as a source. i understood that it could only be online stores that also have a physical retail store. if otherwise please tell your story. I plan on getting the Pioneer PDP-5071HD

None of the 4 BB's in my area were willing to price match an online vendor when i inquired several months ago. I tried to get them to pricematch a few online vendors who were selling the Pioneer PDP-4270 for a lot less than BB's 4271. They would only pricematch a local store that has the item in stock and didn't care that the online vendors were a better bargain even after shipping costs were added.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The BBY I formerly worked at would price match some places. Like someone else said, go when they are not busy, during the week early in the day. Dont immediately tell them that you only want the tv, let them think you may want some of their accesories, maybe a warranty. Its similar to buying a car, it takes some time to get a good deal but in the end it can be worth it with an easy return policy and immediate gratification.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
as mentioned, it varies with every bb store and every employee you deal with.

i think their own policy says they don't have to even match the bb in store price with the bb online pricing, duh..........

·
Registered
5,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmill /forum/post/0

I work for a retailer and we are not allowed to do a price match unless the store has the product in stock ready for pick up...........

i ran into that stupid furked up policy at a local bb. just wanted a price match for some dvd-r with a local office depot (a -$5 diff). i had the ad in hand to price match BUT NO, the bb employee had to get a phone book wasting my time her time and other bb customers waiting inline to call office depot, well the office depot was closed so they would not do a price match , WTF is up with that, geezzer, huh?? BB WTF??

·
Registered
594 Posts
they won't do online unless they are authorized dealer and a reputable retailer usually within the same lo cal. just walk in with the ad and ask. don't beat around the bush. they'll fiddle around with the comp or ask a manager and come back with your answer within 5 mins. it's hit or miss depending on the sales person. btw - it's easier to do a price match after you have made your purchase because you have 30 days to return. they want your biz not the return, unless it's some outrageous difference in amount.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you can find it online for some price you like, why would you want to buy it from BB for the same price???

I have had sufficiently bad experience with BB that I won't buy much of anything from them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Unless you personally know the manager there is little chance that they will match an online store. B&Ms have significantly more overhead than online stores so they are much less likely to match online prices.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.