AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
I just purchased the 61" from ABC Warehouse in Toledo for 4 grand even. The Sammy stand that comes with it I got for 150.00

·
Registered
257 Posts
There is a thread where a couple of people have posted scanned receipts where they purchsed the 56" fro $3740. I plan on using it as leverage w/ the Dallas Tweeter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
At a Tweeter in the DFW area, purchased in late August:

$3900 for the 56" DLP.

$250 for the 5 year extended warranty.

Free Samsung STB.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Gents,

Good luck trying to get that price anymore. Supply and demand. The stores are selling them 4 to 1 over every other tv and supply can't keep up. Why would you get that price when the next guy that walks in the door will pay full price to get one? Just wondering.

J

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JCHanifan
Gents,

Good luck trying to get that price anymore. Supply and demand. The stores are selling them 4 to 1 over every other tv and supply can't keep up. Why would you get that price when the next guy that walks in the door will pay full price to get one? Just wondering.

J
The sets were in just as high a demand then as it is now, yet many got great discounts. Some dealers might not budge on the price, but then again there are those salesmen who would want to strike and close a deal to lock in their commisions. At PC Richards, for example, most salesmen would be willing to sell their sets at slightly above their cost, if you are willing to purchase an extended warranty. I know of many cases where extremely high demand items were sold at unbelievable low prices - most of them require that you buy their ext. warranty. (Not bad since the total cost still comes out less than what their competitors are charging)

I believe their salespeople get a big commision on the warranty so they'll do anything to close the deal with one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Even better buy the extended warranty as a bargaining tool. They will often cut the price to pay for the warranty and then you can return the warranty inside the regular return period.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Got mine for $4000 last week at Myer-Emco in Frederick, MD. 4-year warranty for $300, with tax and delivery charge, just a shade over MSRP of $4500. 15 mo. no financing too. Think I did pretty well considering I couldn't get Tweeter or CC to budge at all on prices for ANY of the DLPs... The demand for these sets is driving prices up, up up... Like mpclem0 said, offer to buy the warranty, and also let them know you'll buy it right that minute, that'll get them thinking about it. Warranties on these sets aren't a bad idea in the first place.

Should be delivered this week, can't wait!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Pricing is going to be hard for a bit until everyone starts carrying them. I was in SA the other day and they were saying they can't do the price any more as well. Allthough I find it hard to believe they wouldn't do it if you were willing to not buy one at all if they don't give you that price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to a local Sound Advice yesterday, and spent some time looking at TVs. When a salesman came, I just asked - what's you price for 567W. He went away, then came backs, and said - it's on special for $4000 (the sticker was $4499.) I said - I know Tweeter (that owns you) sells this set for about $3700. He said he needed to go to talk to the manager. He came back few minutes later and said - OK. And he was not even pushing the extended warranty.

Well, as I knew that this price was not really the best and in couple of months it will probably drop bit, I decided to bargain a little more. I tried to bring it to at least $3600 and I was willing to buy their $350 warranty, but the guy wouldn't budge anymore. So I figured I'd wait, and left. If he had given me this $100, I would have bought the set... and probably regret it in the morning. At least no regrets now ;)

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I was able to get HH Gregg to offer the Samsung HLN617 for $3899. I didn't buy it yet but I'm still considering...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.