Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear about this?

Supposedly begins on dealers orders placed after September 1st.

Both on 42" and 50".

Please advise.

Terry M.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Terry,

I have bene watching the prices and they have been slowly coming down. My guess is they want to have the price advantage to fight the release of the 6th Gen Pio's.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. I am looking forward to the 6th Gen Pio's. ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes, this has been 'the rumor,' which is looking increasingly likely.

is anybody offerring the new prices yet, or have you seen specifics?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I hope to god this is true. In the other Panny thread, someone listed the 'new' MSRP prices for the 42Px50 and the 42px500u which are the ones I'm eyeing.

If the cuts are effective Aug 28 and my 30th B'day is on Aug 31, take a wild guess as to what is on my wishlist.

now to convince my wife that I deserve this plasma for the 30 yrs of hard work that I've put on this planet..........

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I would guess new MSRPs coming for the PD50U as well, based on the Sunday adds and lowest advertised pricing I have seen.

JCPZero

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Please never pose a question in a thread title and use !!!s. It makes people think you know something instead of asking something.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't know the rules on posting prices and such, but a major retailer has a $300 rebate available on the 50PX50U that expires on the 27th. I wonder if this is the foreshadowing of a price reduction when the rebate ends?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
A local dealer said MSRP would be reduced by $500. Not sure if he is reliable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hmmm...do i take the $300 or wait for what seems to be an inevitable larger price cut on the 28th!? decisions, decisions

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordita
I hope to god this is true. In the other Panny thread, someone listed the 'new' MSRP prices for the 42Px50 and the 42px500u which are the ones I'm eyeing.

If the cuts are effective Aug 28 and my 30th B'day is on Aug 31, take a wild guess as to what is on my wishlist.

now to convince my wife that I deserve this plasma for the 30 yrs of hard work that I've put on this planet..........

My B-day is the 31st as well, but I was hoping for a 50" for my 50th. :D

My wife is in agreement. She'd be enjoying the new panel at least as much as me.

Cheers!

shane

·
Registered
10 Posts
Circuitcity.com has it for $250 less than Walmart.com's price. I've been tracking this for a little while and noticed this drastic difference just today.

Granted that the $250 less price includes a $300 rebate that will be expired as of 8/27. I wonder how far they will drop after the first of the month....

EDIT::: This if for the EDTV model (TH-42PD50U)

·
Super Moderator
21,530 Posts

forum rules are posted on a sticky

MSRP only/no retail links/no coupon talk

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.