AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I sold the wife on the Plasma!! Based on everyones input I thinkthe winner is the Pio 503CMX. She had a good question that I pose to this forum. Is there any seasonality in pricing?? ( hope this isn't a oopsie by forum rules)

Prior to Christmas or after, do any of the vendors have specials, holiday deals, etc., etc.?

thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
I watched the 503 pricing at year end last year and did not notice any substantial changes. Due to Super Bowl, prices on large TVs do not drop down in January with other "after-Christmas" sales.

If 503 pricing does change this year, it will be due to model changes. Since the 504CMX seems to be 1Q04 at best, you would have a long time to wait and a lot of missed sports.

The 5040HD (consumer unit with separate box) will be out this year, but we do not have firm U.S. pricing. For details, see thread on CEDIA announcements - Pioneer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You will see price decreases in the march April time frame Ussually. Yes well after the Supper Bowl. There are some exceptions to this. Low pricing of last years models to clear them out both Panny and Pioneer coming out with new models. This could be the year that before Xmas we may see someone try and make a large move on the 50" market. I could only hope. The good news both Panasonic October and Pioneer after the first of the year. We need a price war at the 50" models. As I have post in other areas I can buy 2 42" Panny plasma for the price of one 50" panny Plasma. That is shocking. Prices will drop when inventories are high (Over Supply). and economy improves(Demand). They manufacturers have got to be feeling deflationary pressures. We will just have to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.