AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the x1 and i am very impressed, only prob is i seem to be one of those sensitive types that gets headaches, i will be returning it (shucks) i dont want to open a rainbow thrash as that subject is overkill, i am now searching for an lcd, i think i can live w/ screendoor and poss. color degregation as i plan on upgrading in a few years when the uber pjs come down in price, so i was looking at the z1 as it is in my price range (under $1000), anyone want to recommend another brand that has super price/performance ratio? im open to suggestions...

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
Depending on how long you've tried it you might want to see if your viewing technique changes with time. Some people look for the Rs (consciously or subconsciously) and their eyes are doing too much work. (And the more you seek the more you find)

I know that I was watching the screen for the first week and I felt eye strain; but for some reason I eventually began to just watch the movie. That was July 2003. I rarely see Rs anymore and when I do they are nothing. Really, nothing.

I realize that some people might have eye movements that will exacerbate Rs. I haven't met any of these people. No one has had a problem with our X1 yet.

Except me, at first ;)

Good luck; hope you find what works for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For a lot of reasons I won't go into (don't need ANOTHER dlp vs. lcd debate), I decided that lcd was the right choice for me. I was looking in your same price range, and after great deal of searching/reading this forum I bought a refurbished Sharp A10X. I just it got yesterday, and I'm thrilled. It's native 1024x768, plenty bright with the picture 8' wide. Because I wanted to be able to sit close the screen, I made it just slightly defocused so that each pixel is still very distinct, but the SDE lines are much thinner. I can sit at 1X the screen width and don't see SDE at all.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
You can certainly find used models of some of the older LCDs in your range... the z1, the L300, the Sharp, perhaps even an HS10.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.