AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 15year old protron projection just crapped out, so i am looking at the panny 58, in the low 3000's

then in today's paper

an ad for the panny 50 under 2k delivered into my living room.

tough decision

· Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity /forum/post/0

Even tougher knowing that Philips is coming out with the 63" 1080p PDP (63PFP7422D) priced @ $3499
this summer... and that 2008 will bring about the introduction of 2-way interactive 1080p PDPs from Panasonic.

Yes, and if you don't buy today there will be new technology and pricing right around the corner form those items you pointed out.

· Registered
1,400 Posts
Isn't there usually a nice drop after Super Bowl also?

I think you would be happier going with the bigger set.

That sounds like a tremendous deal on the 58". I have been eyeballing that one for a while. If you don't mind, could you PM me on where you found that good of a deal?

· Registered
3,825 Posts
If someone wants a 60-plus plasma I could see waiting 5 months to get the Philips model at a great price with tons of features. At the same time, you're gonna miss alot of great football!

Prices may not drop much, even with new models coming out. I think new models will sell more at a premium than older models at a discount. We already had two 20% price cuts in 2006 on flat-panels.

Lots of factors -- strength of economy, consumer spending, dollar strength or weakness, Japanese March 31st fiscal year -- will go into determing if we get another round of deep flat-panel pricing anytime soon.

· Registered
1,400 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about Phillips but if that set is anywhere close to being good, expect this to help push other manufacturers prices down considerably.

I guessing by next fall, the 42" will be in the 800-900 range and the 50" to be 1500-1900 range.

Of course this could all change with the expensive transition to 1080P.

I would really like to see that panny 58 at 2999. That would be my buying point.

I wish I had a crystal ball...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.