AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the NEC HT1000 Projector and it's price when shipped was $4,495.00 in Nov 2002 and today is 3999.00 +/- 200.00. This sucks. MY JVC camcorder droped $500.00 in 6 months. Why are some falling faster then others? Is the projector market booming like so many have said? If it is then the prices are not showing it. Just my angry rant. When your poor a $1,000.00 = $10,000.00. The digital divide I suppose. :(

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
isn't a black and white thing across the board meaning every pj isn't the same.

I don't know how a person could say as a whole pj prices aren't dropping big time. A year ago the z1 cost 1800 and now the z2 costs a teense less. A new z1 can be had for under 1100 bucks these days. That's a big drop.

Just because the HT1000 may not have the same type of drop doesn't mean PJs aren't showing the lower prices.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by reaper
They will charge as much as people will pay for the device.
That sums it up. HT1000 has had VERY good feed back from users. So as long as people are willing to buy at a higher margin price, there is no reason for NEC to lower the price. NEC pjs seems to have very good reputation in general - LT150, LT240/260(K), HT1000. None of the last three models have had significant price cut. Hats off to them.

Some companies sell a lot of units at lower margins. Some companies sell fewer units at higher margins. So a difference in marketing approach is in play as well.

The >$3500 segment also works a little differently. Users there are probably less sensitive to a few hundred bucks in price difference than people here.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
TI controls the market for DLP, so no doubt the pricing does not operate like the more open LCD marketplace.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You guys know the dollar is in free fall, right? Effectively, prices have declined in real terms. The manufacturers are hurting badly. Expect prices in dollars to go up steeply for Japanese and European projectors in the future. Have a nice day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.