AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Just hold out until they drop again. The prices have been pretty fluid since the beginning for HD-DVD. Like for instance Lucky Number Slevin was at $26 since it was released until a couple days ago when it was lowered to $19. I had held out on purchasing it until the price drop, then I jumped on it. And besides, with free prime shipping, it's still cheaper to buy from amazon then most B&Ms, most of the time.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I won't blind buy at $27. That's what netflix is for. I hope The Departed & Babel drop in price, I am interested in seeing both and don't want to risk waiting in a netflix black hole.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's not necessary. I preordered Sleven at the old price of $26.99 and saw they dropped the price to $19.95 a couple of days after it shipped. Based on another thread here I emailed them and asked for a rebate. I got the email back in a couple of hours confirming they were going to credit me back the difference

So if the price DOES drop you're still ok.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Seems a few have gone up in the B&M stores as well.

BB wants 40 bucks for fearless. Were as the average combo sold for 29-35 their.

I've been buy all my combos online now got firewall for 24 or so on amazon it 35 at BB.

But they are just meeting demad which is a good thing it mean so many pepole are buy that they have to increse prices.

Dose BD have this problom?, or do they sell cheeper to rid the warehouses

·
Registered
52 Posts
My buddy bought me Miami Vice for Christmas, and it had a problem. He gave me the receipt to exchange it at Best Buy.

His price: $35

Their NEW price: $55!

Then a couple of weeks later, it went on "sale" for $37.

Ok, that's just plain scalping....

·
Banned
515 Posts
That's ridiculous. A big middle finger to consumers from amazon on Clerks II. They are just ripping on all the popular titles. The Sting and Mummy returns are now at paltry discounts.

Glad I ordered Clerks II and The Sting at below $20/each (about $18 with the discount). If this is a sign of things to come consider me off the HD bandwagon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Amazon does price match for upto 30 days...its just not advertised that they do.

If you just email them, they will credit you for the difference, and there is very little hassle.

So many people were kind of pissed when Lucky # Slevin dropped from $26.99 -> $19.99 the day after release.

Edit: Clerks 2 just went up? Craziness..thank goodness i bought Lucky # Slevin and Clerks 2 on Friday for $20 each.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The Mummy Returns has been going up and down between 19.99 and 24.99 once or twice a day. I musted up my order and have to watch it again to see if it goes down.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I am seriously rethinking my preordering through Amazon. Fry's Electronics is very fair in its pricing and I got Luck # Slevin for just $17.99. But to my surprise I was able to pick up "Crank" at Best Buy for $24.99 minus their 10% discount coupon pricing it at just $22.55 which was cheaper than both Fry's and Amazon.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlw2000 /forum/post/0

Almost all titles $19.99 at Fry\\'s and combos at $29.99. I just picked up Troy for $17.99 on sale. I didn\\'t make it on time to get Mummy Returns for $17.99

this is true. its like target prices with a huge collection of hd-dvds i know soon ill be adding a good amount of movies thanks to frys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.