AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased for $24.99 at Best Buy. Saw it at the movie theater in 3D also and like it.


However, the best part of the purchase is that it contains a 3D trailer of Uncharted 3: Drake's Revenge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
I watched the 2D version last night. I read several reviews that the movie is too dark for the 3D to stand out. After watching the 2D version, I would agree...but as 2D goes, this disc is reference in every possible way!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
I bought it for $22.99 at BB and watched it last night. It was one of the worst 3D movies,very dark and gray. I fell asleep watched that part over again but still did not understand. I will watch it again tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after watching it again, I can understand why it got only 2 stars out of 5.


How is the ghosting issue on this movie on your TV. I have noticed some on my Panny vt series 3d TV.


Getting a little tired of this problem!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bontrager /forum/post/20837217


Well after watching it again, I can understand why it got only 2 stars out of 5.


How is the ghosting issue on this movie on your TV. I have noticed some on my Panny vt series 3d TV.


Getting a little tired of this problem!

ghosting crosstalk is a issue with your display not the movie. If you are experiencing ghosting its your tvs inability to separate the left and right images. I have a samsung c8000 and used to see crosstalk ghosting, I bought a new samsung d8000 watching the same movies with ghosting and all of a sudden the movies where ghosting and crosstalk free. Sure some movies expose a displays weakness to these issues by having aggressive 3d popout or depth, but the true cause is the tv and or 3d glasses not the movie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Watched it for the first time last night.

I agreed the movie for the most part, was way too dark for my taste.

3D could have been better if it were a bit more brightness but that's not what the producer had in mind when filming the movie.

Otherwise I'd have to say it is by far the best surround sound movie I've ever heard in a movie for a long long time.

Sure a bit off subject but my surrounds had their work cut out last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
why is it that i can watch priest on my playstation 3 and my tv through my surround like all my other BD movies?


i have a samsung 8 series 3d tv and a playstation 3 running of a non 3d surround.....but arent i supposed to be abel to choose between 2d and 3d??


i know if i want to watch it in 3d i have to connnect my ps3 directly to the tv.....but what about watching it in 2d and my surround sound??


thx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by specops70 /forum/post/0


why is it that i can watch priest on my playstation 3 and my tv through my surround like all my other BD movies?


i have a samsung 8 series 3d tv and a playstation 3 running of a non 3d surround.....but arent i supposed to be abel to choose between 2d and 3d??


i know if i want to watch it in 3d i have to connnect my ps3 directly to the tv.....but what about watching it in 2d and my surround sound??


thx.

So I'm guessing your receiver is not 3D ready? Are you looking for lossless audio as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I know i don't have a 3d capable reciever. But it should let me watch it on the ps3 via the surround sound in 2d........but it don't?


Now i just played it in the living room on a non 3d tv and a non 3d BD and a sound bar....and it worked. It asked me to choose 3d or 2d.....Hmmmmm????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by specops70 /forum/post/20840325


I know i don't have a 3d capable reciever. But it should let me watch it on the ps3 via the surround sound in 2d........but it don't?


Now i just played it in the living room on a non 3d tv and a non 3d BD and a sound bar....and it worked. It asked me to choose 3d or 2d.....Hmmmmm????

The main menu starts in 3d, the 3d is sending a signal your receiver doesn't recognize the so your receiver is defaulting to just not processing the signal even when you switch it to 2d. A work around would be to start the movie but not hooked to your receiver, switch over to 2d pause the movie then hook it up to your receiver. This way your stereo never gets the 3d signal and it should work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Just finished watching it, this movie has some of the best live action 3d I've seen. The city of jericho scene is the best 3d in the movie hands down and its a night scene. I wonder those that say this movie is too dark for 3d are using plasma, I have the samsung d8000 no ghosting or crosstalk, the 3d was well done throughout the movie. I recommended [email protected], it was worth the $24 for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 /forum/post/0


Just finished watching it, this movie has some of the best live action 3d I've seen. The city of jericho scene is the best 3d in the movie hands down and its a night scene. I wonder those that say this movie is too dark for 3d are using plasma, I have the samsung d8000 no ghosting or crosstalk, the 3d was well done throughout the movie. I recommended [email protected], it was worth the $24 for me.

I saw ghosting and crosstalk on the motorcycle scenes far away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 /forum/post/20842462


UNc8000 no idea how to calibrate it on 3D. Usually I don't have problems but instead of it being on movie I had to turn it onto standard because it was so dark.

I actually own the UN46C8000 and UN55D8000. The 3d on the d8000 is nearly flawless, the c8000 no matter what settings I tried crosstalk and ghosting never went away fully. I used to think it was the movies fault for crosstalk but after lots of research I learned its the tv thats at fault here, ask a dlp owner if they see ghosting or crosstalk. I also went back an watched my movies which had bad ghosting MvA was one of them, my d8000 3d is nearly flawless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Just watched this, and it was only ok to me. The 3D was very subtle, and I saw no crosstalk on my panny vt25. It had some good action scenes, but that didn't make up for the overall "blah" feeling I got watching it.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top