AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading some posts and the 59/49TXI appear to be very good units. I have a Denon AVR 4800. Do you all feel these would be an upgrade? My Denon is currently out of commission but may be repaired, unsure as of yet.

Also, would I be missing out if I purchased a 59/49 TX instead of TXI. What is the difference?

I am also considering seperated. I recently purchased a Rotel 1095 5 channel amp. Would I be better off getting a Rotel 1066 or some other mid level pre pro.

Thanks for any info and opinions.

Speakers are Paradigm Studio 40s, Studio CC, ADP 350s. Will probably upgrade fronts to 100s this year and move 40s to the rear.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Are you planning to go to a 7.1 system?

What sub do you have if any?

How big is your room?

What features do you want from a receiver or pre/pro?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i think HDMI will be the future connection type so make sure your next pre/pro or reeceiver has that !!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have the 49TXi and really like it. However since you already have a Rotel 1095 amp the Rotel pre-pro would be nice...but the Pioneer 49TXi makes a sweet pre-pro too since it has pre-out's so you can hook up seperate amps.

If seperates are your desire then go for it but th Pioneer 49TXi will give you more options along with your Rotel amp.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the recent responses.

Yes, I'd like to eventually have 7.1 abilities although currently is not necessary.

I have a sub - A cheap infinity bu150 that I've had for about 5 years. I definitely need to upgrade the sub. Anything would be an upgrade.

Currently, my room is 14x17. We will be moving this summer and will have a bonus room to transform into the media room. Most likely will be around 20x15.

I've seen several responses on other posts suggesting the use of the 49txi as a pre pro. Seems like a lot of money to spend on the 49txi just to use as a pre pro. If I decide to get a reciever, I'll get rid of the rotel 1095.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Yes I agree that the 49txi would be a big cost for a pre pro, a Yamaha 1400 or 2400 more reasonably priced alternative and would allow to to go 7.1 when ever you feel like it - If you want to go the reiciever route.

I think that if you were to get a high-quality sub like the Servo 15, going to 100's over the 40's wouldn't be of any great benefit. Get the sub and put 20's in the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.