AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past I have noticed that The CW airs some of its programs before 8pm. I found this a bit odd but since I dont watch The CW very often it wasnt a big deal. Now I see that other stations are doing the same practice. Fox is airing "Til Death" at 7pm and CBS is airing "Without A Trace" at 7pm tonight. Why the sudden change? Is this just a rare occurance for these stations because of NFL Playoff games? Or are these changes that we should expect for the future? Just curious.

·
Banned
8,246 Posts
West Coast changes because of the Football game.

CBS has nothing for West Coast besides Without A Trace which runs at 10pm on East Coast as the Football game will run until 10pm.

Thus they are putting it right after the NFL game to obtain the most available audience and then fill from 8pm-11pm.

·
Banned
8,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThree /forum/post/0

I think Sunday primetime has been 7pm for sometime.

You don't understand his question - he's speaking about CBS running the 10pm programming at 7pm tonight on the West Coast.

Football was live on East Coast 6:30pm - 10:00pm and the Without A Trace

Football was live on West Coast 3:30pm - 7:00pm so they ran Without A Trace at 7:00pm and then filled locally beginning at 8pm as there was no more network programming for the night.

Otherwise they would have had to put inferior local programming from 7p - 10pm and then run Without a Trace at 10pm.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
You would think that for the number 2 market, the networks could come up with a better solution?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.