AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this game from gamefly. I am at the part where I meet up with the girl for the second time and she is shooting arrows at the sand guys trying to kill her. There is the real big pirate looking guy in blue. How do I kill him? I've killed everyone else and spent atleast 15 minutes hitting him to no avail. Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
That fight almost made me put the game away for good. Glad I didn't, though -- I think that's the hardest thing you'll have to do for a LONG time.

To kill the big guy, just keep jumping over him and attacking immediately after. He'll go down eventually. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The biggest damage you can inflict on the "pirate guy" is to hit him when he's down. Of course, you have to get him on the ground first! Keep moving, and focus on the other more dangerous foes first. You can easily avoid him till you're done with the others...

In any case, MJVanDam is right--it is the hardest thing you'll have to do in the game for a very long time. Don't give up--the rest of the game is fantastic! I don't know why they chose to make this one early battle so difficult...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm not completely positive but I think I read in a walkthrough of the game that the big pirate is the prince's father. This level pi**ed me off for the better part of a day until I had to put down the controller and sadly return the game.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I thought the battle against the multitude of guys was tough, but when it got down the last guy, that wasn't too bad. Like MJVanDam said - just keep jumping over him and hitting him. And don't forget to hang out by the fountain so you can regain your strength!

It's a great game - we need more titles like this!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just a little warning...This is a GREAT game, but I have found 3 (2 of them are HUGE) bugs in the game and I am only a little over 33% down.

-1st bug(nothing big), one of the monsters would not die and would not fight...Just kept hitting him and he would not fight back or die...So I just left him.

-Bug 2 and 3 are huge and the game CAN NOT proceed without starting the check point over again and basically resetting things.

Bug 2(Part IV - "There's something growing up there"). You have the girl with you...As you walk in the big room there are a series of doors to the left. There are 3 tiles in the room that will open the 3 doors so you can get to the lever on the other side. The girl is supposed to stand on the tile in the middle of the room so the 3rd door will stay open for you(you have to take care of the other 2 doors). She stands there and the door opens. No problem. This is where the bug comes in...If you go to the SAVE check point right in from of you, when you get back from saving the game, the girl is STILL on the tile but the door is NOT open. You can't move her off either! I spent at least 45 mins running around the room trying to find another way in...But the only way I fixed it was to load my saved game from the level before("The Baths"). So my advice is to open all 3 doors and turn the lever BEFORE you hit that save point.

Bug 3 (Part IV - "After the Baths") After you solve all of the jumping, hanging and swinging portions of this big room, the Girl will be waiting for you in a room with a lever. After you move the lever and the door opens, you will fight a bunch of bugs in a hallway(she is supposed to follow you by the way). After you kill all of the bugs, you have to move a block and there is a crack that the girl crawls through to open some platforms so you can get across a HUGE gap. Again, the first time I did this, the b**ch messes up and stays in the "lever" room! So my advise here is(so you don't have to do the room over again like I did), when you open the door with the lever, don't rush in to the hallway to fight the bugs. Creep up to it and make sure she is following right behind you. Then proceed.

Just a little advise so you guys don't go crazy like I did trying to find a way to make that b**ch move! LOL! :)

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Talk to ya!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.