AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasnoc CT-36HX41 ordered from Sears (coming in a week or two) but I'm thinking of cancelling now that I've heard of this Princeton set. I would really like to have the PC display features of the Princeton, but don't want to give up too much quality since we watch a bunch of DVD's and starting next week will have HBO and Showtime HD through TimeWarner. There is also the issue of price, MSRP on the Princeton is $3500, I ordered the Panny from Sears for only $1800.

Has anybody been able to do an A/B comparison of these? What are folks opinions of the two? The local dealer here in Ithaca, NY doesn't stock the Princeton's, I'm hoping you AVS folks in Rochester do so I can at least drive somewhere to see it!

Regards,

Ryan Rogers

·
Registered
3,679 Posts

I've done an A/B with HD material between the CT-36HX41 and the RCA MM36110 and the RCA's picture is much finer.

I have the Hitachi 36SDX01S (from Sears.com)and can vouch for its great 800x600 display. I've had several computers hooked to it with excellent results. When used this way it has all the PC monitor settings including H and V placement, H and V stretch, pin Cushing, tilt, and even degauss! Both the Hitachi and the RCA have a more monitor like tube with finer less harsh aperture grills than the Panny you're looking at.

While evaluating 36" sets I auditioned all of the current crop and liked the RCA, the Hitachi, the Panny, some Samsung, the Sony XBR's. (in that order) I put my face a few inches from each while displaying HD and examined (counted) the grill slits along the width of my thumb. Of course I evaluated them a bit further back also. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.