AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find the previous thread about "media that works OK on the HS2" so I started a new one - If needs be I can move the post to there.

I just got in my 50 pack of Princo DVD-Rs from supermediastore.com (they have a white front and a purple record surface) and have started burning my way through them on my DMR-HS2

The first DVD-R I dubbed 1:37 of video onto it at FR mode - it dubbed and copied fine. Playing it back on my Bose DVD player it had no problems at the start, middle and end of the disc - so it looks to have recored OK.

Disc 2 is currently recording in SP mode. I'll burn a few more discs in FR mode (with about 3hrs of material per disc) tonight. And obviously, I'll share the results. So at least one of the cheap brands works fine (what would impress me most is that the sales person from supermediastore.com who called me to confirm my order was actually right about Princo being compatible and the supermediastore brand not being compatible with the HS2).

And for the record, Fuji DVD-Rs work fine too.

Steve

·
Registered
86 Posts
ACCU ACCU ACCU!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Follow up to my original post.

A bit more information about the DVDs I use :

Here is the Pre-Recorded Information for the DVDs.

00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 98 0C 13 [email protected]

76 78 80 00 03 50 52 49 4E 43 4F 00 04 00 00 00 VX...PRINCO.....

They are the DVD-Pro brand available through meritline and supermediastore.

I've now burned 5 or 6 DVD-Rs at FR and SP modes on the HS2 and all seems to be going well. Will give a final report on the number of duds I end up with per 50 pack.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.