AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
My first guess is mainly the economy. Or maybe they found a way to reduce production costs (made in CHINA?). Forget about China, my first guess must be right. They dropped the price, but not as much as the market (and my investments) did. To me, it means it's more expensive than it used to be...

·
Registered
3,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef2 /forum/post/15519148

My first guess is mainly the economy. Or maybe they found a way to reduce production costs (made in CHINA?). Forget about China, my first guess must be right. They dropped the price, but not as much as the market (and my investments) did. To me, it means it's more expensive than it used to be...

Alas, the perils of a deflationary economy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it depends on the currency you are holding..... if i am from Japan, the stuff in the US are at least 10% cheaper than half year ago without the price cut.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by li.ar.ma /forum/post/15522529

it depends on the currency you are holding..... if i am from Japan, the stuff in the US are at least 10% cheaper than half year ago without the price cut.

Yes;

US is now LCC country and we will start to reverse the outsourcing practices driven by NAFTA......ok off topic rant over.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airliner /forum/post/15507920

I'm looking for a lens, its been a while and now I noticed the price change, any idea?

The price drop is due to world economy. We dropped the country distributors, to whom even the -50% is not enough. The formed end user price just did not match the current world economy at all, and thus we were forced to drop the prices by making the sales chain lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts