Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Am thinking of purchasing a DAR and all my research seems to indicate an Audiotron but was wondering if its perhaps older albeit matured technology ? I mean sure it has a Digital Out but so does the Prismiq and I understand that this device had some usability issues but was wondering if its any improved now ?

I know the AT is held in high esteem but was wondering if any others out there have felt tempted by the picture viewer+mpeg viewer bundled with audio streaming ?

Basically, are the extra features (not the chat/web,etc.) worth the trouble experimenting ? I consider myself fairly geeky :) but having the device function at least as a good audio receiver is important to me.

Looking forward to your opinions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been researching the PrismIQ for the last few weeks myself. I already own an Audiotron, but I'm looking at the PrismIQ for video (pictures, ets).

Personally, I'd never by a device that required that I turn on my video receiver to setup the tunes. That's one of the things that make the Audiotron better than anything else. Never mind the super easy to use interface.

I'm waiting to read more response on the beta interface that they release recently to get a better feel. What I don't like (and I could be wrong, so correct me if I am) is : No HDTV hi-res support [important to me for my high res photo's], Limited video codec support, and interface needs improvement (pending beta).

Things I don't care about:

- Audio: Nice, just in case a add some to what I do, but not required.

- Video stream: I don't use camcorders (low res), and I'd use a PVR for all my tv type video.

It's all IMHO!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.