AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my pro-151fd back from an authorized Pioneer repair technician a couple of weeks ago. They said that the IC chip was defective and needed to be replaced. I was then informed that the entire panel needed to be replaced as a second IC chip failed. After getting the tv back, I began running the break-in slides and noticed that there a faint horizontal lines that can been, especially on the grey slides as the lines look almost purple. Is this normal? I honestly don't remember seeing it when I first purchased the tv. I can pretty much see it any time I watch anything on the tv (my eyes are drawn to those damn lines!!!) Is this something I should worry about? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrjay /forum/post/16989408

I just got my pro-151fd back from an authorized Pioneer repair technician a couple of weeks ago. They said that the IC chip was defective and needed to be replaced. I was then informed that the entire panel needed to be replaced as a second IC chip failed. After getting the tv back, I began running the break-in slides and noticed that there a faint horizontal lines that can been, especially on the grey slides as the lines look almost purple. Is this normal? I honestly don't remember seeing it when I first purchased the tv. I can pretty much see it any time I watch anything on the tv (my eyes are drawn to those damn lines!!!) Is this something I should worry about? Any advice would be appreciated.

Since its likely under warranty why not just have Pioneer replace the whole panel? Peace of mind.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you get a new T.V from Pioneer after?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be calling to have someone come take a look at the television within the week. The PQ is also not as good as the prior panel. I'll be asking about having the tv replaced although that may not be an option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.