AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although each panel is slightly different, this will be a good reference point. The settings not mentioned are kept at default, in Movie mode:

Cell Light: 15

Contrast: 97

Brightness: 36

Sharpness: 5

Color: 49

Under Advanced settings, the white balance:

R-Offset: 24

G-Offset: 25

B-Offset: 28

R-Gain: 28

G-Gain: 25

B-Gain: 26

I was kinda surprised actually. I thought calibrating meant it brings out the most detail, vivid colors, etc. After calibration though, the picture is set to look the most lifelike and realistic possible instead of "enhanced" for lack of a better term.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit7319 /forum/post/0

Although each panel is slightly different, this will be a good reference point. The settings not mentioned are kept at default, in Movie mode:

Cell Light: 15

Contrast: 97

Brightness: 36

Sharpness: 5

Color: 49

Under Advanced settings, the white balance:

R-Offset: 24

G-Offset: 25

B-Offset: 28

R-Gain: 28

G-Gain: 25

B-Gain: 26

I was kinda surprised actually. I thought calibrating meant it brings out the most detail, vivid colors, etc. After calibration though, the picture is set to look the most lifelike and realistic possible instead of "enhanced" for lack of a better term.

Enjoy!

I'm going to try these on the C490. Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it was setup under the Warm2 color tone for me as well. He showed me the chart showing where it was before and after and for the overall warmth of the picture, Standard was too high and Dynamic was WAY too high. I don't understand the technical reasoning behind it, but he said the ideal picture temperature was I think 15,000 Kelvins hehe. With Nyamic it was up around 40K I think or higher.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
@ crashoverride

I subscribed a while ago, just to keep tabs on the settings.

I just bought the Disney WOW Blu-Ray, but am in the process of rebuilding my media center so I haven't calibrated yet.

There are some other threads and some useful amazon reviews you can look at for the settings on this particular model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.