AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering a 50PHD7UY, but now that I see the new generation 8 line I'm thinking I may go with one of them. However I would prefer one without the speakers built in as I have a HT audio setup. Is there a pro/commercial/industrial version of the new 50U and 500U line that doesn't have speakers built in?

TIA

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Yes. The 8G Commercial TH-50PHD8UK should be available Sept/Oct.

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is great news. I'm looking to buy this for a new house which I'm moving intot his Sept. Timing couldn't be better.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Since the brochure for the US Models isn't available yet you check out the brochure for the European/British Models. (Specs are basically the same as the US Models):

http://www.av-sales.co.uk/pdf/Brochure-PWD8.pdf

The 42" ED Displays are already available:

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...el=TH-42PWD8UK

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
The ED Models are usually released first. So yes, the HD Models should be coming soon. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruZZi
Since the brochure for the US Models isn't available yet you check out the brochure for the European/British Models. (Specs are basically the same as the US Models):

http://www.av-sales.co.uk/pdf/Brochure-PWD8.pdf

Thank you for posting this info. I'm also in the market for a 42" plasma and had been looking very closely at the TH-42PHD7UY. In looking at this brochure, it showed options for cabinet color (specifically silver which I'm looking for). Is the silver bezel available in the current 7 series also or is this something new with the 8 series ?

Thanks...

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpooton
Thank you for posting this info. I'm also in the market for a 42" plasma and had been looking very closely at the TH-42PHD7UY. In looking at this brochure, it showed options for cabinet color (specifically silver which I'm looking for). Is the silver bezel available in the current 7 series also or is this something new with the 8 series ?

Thanks...

jpooton,

the silver version is available for other countries only. (The US Commercial Models including the "7UY" are charcoal gray). Not confirmed yet if a silver version of the 8G Commercial Plasmas will be offered to the US Market.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey, just wanted to let you know the brochure for the 8gen panels is out.

Since I'm new I cant post the link but they have the pdf on visualapex's website under the 37" and 42" 8th Gen displays.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.