AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought the Pioneer PRO-FHD1 and it looks stunning I will say. I went to switch it to 1080p though and the TV says the input signal is not valid. After doing some digging the TV can accept 1080p over component @ 24hz. The Xbox appears to put out 1080p @ 60hz which is why its not displaying am I right? Has anyone been able to get 1080p on the PRO-FHD1?

I was also thinking about buying a VGA to HDMI converter too but I don't want to spend the money if it won't work. Another possible question is does the VSX-84TXSi receiever if this can accept the signal and send it to the TV @ 1080p/24. I doubt this could be the case cause this reciever only switches 1080p; it doesn't convert. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I want your TV. Did you try the VGA cable?

-Evangelo2

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Does the set even have a VGA input? Thats the way you want to go if it does. BTW I don't know much people in the Xbox forum with that set. You might want to try an owners thread.

Nice set though ... I would like one of those new Pioneers coming later this year. But man they rip your pockets and wallet apart without mercy

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah so there is no VGA in on the set...believe me I was going to try that; I thought about a VGA to HDMI converter but its not worth the price to me. The core problem is that the set will accept 1080p over component but ONLY @ 24hz and the 360 outputs at 60hz over component. HDMI wouldn't be an issue as it can acccept 1080p at basically every hz out there.

I will say that I paid $1000 under MSRP and got the second TV to sweeten the deal. If this hadn't been there case I wouldn't have bought this TV but man when I saw the AFC championship game on it this past weekend it was worth every penny.

Guess i'm waiting for HDMI to come out for the 360 in like 2010 LOL

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think that the HDMI solution will happen this year.

Whether that's w/ an HDMI solution for the current XB360 or the 2.0 w/ new processor remains to be seen.

Nice PDP BTW - XB360 looks fantastic on my 50" Commercial Panny. I'm sure it'll look unbelievable on yours!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Austin post some pics of your new toy.That pio plasma has one of the best PQ avilable. (my opinion)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do - I must say GOW looks just stunning on it. I just wish I could get 1080p going. I'm hopeful that a cable may still be the solution since Zephyr wasn't shown at CES

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Austin...you may be able to use INPUT 4...the Analog RGB...use the VGA cable from the X360..then use an adapter from the end of the VGA into Input 4.

This MIGHT work.

Otherwise, just use Component and set the X360 to 1080i..the TV's internal scaler (Which I'm sure is much better then the Xbox scaler) will then scale it to the native resolution. You may even want to try setting the X360 to 720p and let it scale to the native resolution of the monitor.

btw, I'm a fellow Pioneer plasma owner. Love my Pioneer.

Don't get too caught up in sending 1080p to your plasma. sending 1080i and letting your Pio scale will probably give you the same results. Or better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the PRO-FHD1 as well and using component (input 4) at 1080i looks great. I haven't noticed any interlacing issues at all with the video from the 360, so the scaler is obviously doing its job.

I have mixed feelings about the eventual HDMI 360 as I'd have to get an HDMI source selector (already using the DVI and two HDMI's on the display), and the current 360 does look really good over component.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobowsi /forum/post/0

I've got the PRO-FHD1 as well and using component (input 4) at 1080i looks great. I haven't noticed any interlacing issues at all with the video from the 360, so the scaler is obviously doing its job.

I have mixed feelings about the eventual HDMI 360 as I'd have to get an HDMI source selector (already using the DVI and two HDMI's on the display), and the current 360 does look really good over component.

What are you using them for? If one is a HD-DVD player then you have no reason to get HDMI 360 unless you just want the best out there (don't we all). The reason I might get a HDMI equipped 360 is bescause of audio for the add-on. I'm sure your set will still be on par with whatever Microsoft puts out. Unless they put out a $5k 360.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you guys recommend 1080i or 720p then for the 360 resolution? I have 720p setup right now on Input 4. Also the adapter mentioned - I assume that adapter is VGA->Component yes?? If so it still won't allow 1080p to be set because the 360 puts out 1080p @ 60hz while the component input on the FHD1 only takes 1080p @ 24hz.

If you ran out of HDMI inputs Its time to get the VSX84

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
*BUMP*

i know this is an old thread sorry but i would love to see pictures of the 360 running off the FHD1 as i might be buying it!!! i would really apriciate it

btw you should knowby now but the "elite" xbox 360 has the hdmi connection

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.