AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You'd think with the truck being in Canton Ohio for the HOF game tomorrow they could show the ceremonies in HD...now wouldn't you?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Side Note:

I also wonder about the Parade. There was a comment on it now being the 3rd largest in America. Sounds like yet another marketing idea for the NFL.

I recall a few years ago they were considering cancelling the thing because of lack of interest, particularly large corporate sponsors. Now there's dozens of them.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin j
You'd think with the truck being in Canton Ohio for the HOF game tomorrow they could show the ceremonies in HD...now wouldn't you?
Not necessarily. What's involved in setting everything up in one location and moving it to another? I'd be interested in knowing this to help me determine how feasible it would be to do both in HD.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviec
Use your head Jerry It takes alot of setup time to do this so something has to be cut.
Uh, take a look.....

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)

n.

A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

The use of sarcasm.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H
Uh, take a look.....

n.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

The use of sarcasm.
Good one, Ken. And of course, correct.

steviec is just upset over the flak he's taking for a thread he started in the DVD Hardware section. He's trying for revenge, but not at all succeeding. Amongst other things, the forum can provide a great deal of entertainment. ;)

·
6,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H
Uh, take a look.....

n.

The use of sarcasm.
If you just add "is forbidden" after each definition, it actually reads a lot like the forum rules.

Hope everyone has a great week. Better than the weekend anyway.:)

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow
If you just add "is forbidden" after each definition, it actually reads a lot like the forum rules.
Spair me. (No sarcasm here whatsoever)

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
This is the HOF thread right? Back on topic. I was confused, was it the Hall of Fame show or the Chris Berman show?. My God he was on far too long!

PS: Is "Spair" a word?

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vurbano
This is the HOF thread right? Back on topic. I was confused, was it the Hall of Fame show or the Chris Berman show?. My God he was on far too long!

PS: Is "Spair" a word?
Nah, it was Steve Young's Dad who was on far too long. I'm surprised he didn't begin with "Steve was a long ways from Canton when he was in his mother's womb." To hear his entire history from young childhood through enshrinment in such detail was way out of hand. Even Steve looked bored, and especially embarrassed. If Steve, himself, wanted to go into all that detail that's fine, he earned it.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sure the HD pictures from the ceremony were taken from the MNF truck seeing as they were both at Fawcett Stadium.

·
Registered
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin j
I'm sure the HD pictures from the ceremony were taken from the MNF truck seeing as they were both at Fawcett Stadium.
Truck? No, just a handheld HD camera/recorder.

Without the wireless transmission issue, it's a no brainer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.