AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a pro-ject speed box II on ebay, but i neglected to think about the fact that, since it's being shipped from the Netherlands, it has a european power adapter. so i went down to radio shack... that place is just not how i remember it. needless to say, no idea, no adapter. i know next to nothing about electricity. does anyone know what i need to buy, or where to buy it? the euro wall wart says input: 230 v-50 Hz, output: 16v-500mA 8 VA. i also tried just an adapter to go between the euro wall wart and my american socket. everything seemed fine until i turned on my debut III, and it just didn't start up right. i got freaked out and unplugged everything--i'm in no mood to wreck my new stuff... help!

·
Registered
7,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker /forum/post/16905176

output: 16v-500mA 8 VA.

Does the wall wart say 16v 500mA AC or DC?

You can get a replacement wall wart locally but you need to make sure it is either AC or DC based on what the European one says. Also, the tip (the part that plugs into the component) has to match.

If you can manage to get a picture that clearly shows all the information on the wall wart post it here and people can make sure to give you accurate advice.

Alternatively, you can get a 110/60 to 230/50 step up converter, but unless you have a friend overseas to buy it and ship it to you, it might be hard to find and a little pricy to buy it here (most places sell 230/50 to 110/60 step down transformers for Americans to take with them on over seas travel.)

-Suntan

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Go to a real electronics store; they should have wall warts of all kinds.

Things to be sure of:

output voltage and current

connector inner and outer diameter

connector polarity

1 - 3 of 3 Posts