AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my Dish 6000 receiver connected to the PRO1000 using the 5 BNC connectors on input 2. I want to connect the XBOX as well and it will have component outputs. The only other reasonable input I see on the Pio is analog RGB 15pin (input 1). Can I run the component outs from the XBox to this input or do I need a switchbox to share input 2 with the 6000 and Xbox?

·
Registered
925 Posts
the DISH 6000 has a 15pin VGA out - why can't you go DISH to Pio VGA and then you can run the XBox on component?

or does the VGA only go hot if the signal is HD on the DISH6000? the manual is a bit fuzzy on this point.

doody.

FOLLOWUP - the manual is fuzzy (imo) but the faq is not. either the unit is in "HD out" mode or "SD out" mode. in the former, the VGA and BNC outputs should be hot and the S and Composite outputs will be cold. vice-versa if it's not in HD mode.

doody.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a try tonight. Sounds like it should work. I only use my 6000 in HD mode anyways. Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hooked up the 6000 to the Pio using VGA analog on input 1 and it works great.

And as luck would have it, my XBox HD pack arrived today. It has 3 component outs marked Y Pr Pb. The Pio's inputs are marked R G B. So I'm assuming that I'll be ok to connect these together - right? Y to G, Pr to R and Pb to B?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RobbyD
I hooked up the 6000 to the Pio using VGA analog on input 1 and it works great.

And as luck would have it, my XBox HD pack arrived today. It has 3 component outs marked Y Pr Pb. The Pio's inputs are marked R G B. So I'm assuming that I'll be ok to connect these together - right? Y to G, Pr to R and Pb to B?
Yes, and go into the menu for input 2 and change it from RGB to component if you are using the 3 connections without the separate H and V wires or you'll get a green image. Keep us posted on using the Xbox with the Pio - must be incredible.

Do you have a progressive DVD player - where are you going to attach that? PlasMAN

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My progressive DVD player was supposed to be my XBox but that kinda hit a snag since the DVD driver is only outputting 480i. I'm hoping this will be good enough quality for now until I can figure out how to get a progressive driver ;)

The XBox HD pack only comes with RCA to RCA cables so I just ordered 3 BNC to RCA Canare cables from Markertek (part# C-584).

I think I'm all set now. I just have to wait for the XBox to show up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.