AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone had any luck in getting into the service menu yet? I know that it exists and it requires a PC connected to the RS232 port and probably some escape sequence sent to it but that's about it.

Anyone have any contacts at Pio that can get us the inside scoop?

·
Registered
925 Posts
please clarify, gents!

there are TWO secret menus? i always thought it was just the integrator menu.

woo hoo! more goodies! :)

doody.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Fellas,

I don't want to ruin your mood, but some people call the integrator's menu a "service menu" (or a secret service menu, if it requires special codes or actions to access).

If the service menu is in plain sight, then there should be a hidden one.

On my fujitsu plasma I had to break the remote completely before I could gain access to the secret service button that got me into the "service menu" (as oposed to the fully accessible setup menu).

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Integrator Menu and Service Menu are one and the same. I am simply using the terminology that the Pioneer tech support rep used. On the 503, they call it the Integrator Menu. On the PRO1000 - they state that it does not have an Integrator Menu but rather a Service Menu which is not to be accessed by the end user. He said that accessing it would void the warranty ;)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Bah, it's not like there's anything in the integrator menu that could seriously mess things up. Worst case, you just put the options back; there's not anything too terribly obscure in there.

What I would really like to see is a way to set the overscan. I was playing with scrolling NTSC the other day, and it annoyed me that there was a good chunk of picture outside the displayed area, and there was no way to shrink the picture so that it was all visible. I need to make the picture smaller on this thing. :)

Alex

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same problem with my new PDP503CMX. When I expand letterboxed material to fill the screen, a large portion of the top and bottom of the picture are cropped. I hope someone here discovers the secret to accessing the service mode soon.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The "secret" menu is brought up by hitting the "menu" button just before hitting the "standby/ ON" button. (start with your plasma in standby "off")

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.