AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My Pro8200 lamp had well over 5000 hours on it and I usually ran it in eco mode. Lately I've been switching it to Normal mode to avoid a flickering problem that was happening with the bulb. That must have pushed it over the edge as last night the bulb exploded with loud bang (scared the crap out of me.)

I just ordered a new bulb from Amazon but I'm worried about there being damage to the colour wheel. There were shards of glass near the bulb housing in the projector but the glass barrier that is between the lamp assembly and the colour wheel is intact.

It looks like I can see some shards/debris on the colour wheel (see pic). Should the wheel move at all when I have the projector off and tilt it? It doesn't but I've seen some posts on other projectors where the wheel moves freely.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I had a lamp explode on me. Scared to crap out of me. I thought it was a gun shot and ducked down to avoid fire.
This was on a Optoma projector and the color wheel seemed to hold up fine.
After hearing more bad then good about cheap knock offs and refurbs, I stick with only true manufacture replacements.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a lamp explode on me. Scared to crap out of me. I thought it was a gun shot and ducked down to avoid fire.
This was on a Optoma projector and the color wheel seemed to hold up fine.
After hearing more bad then good about cheap knock offs and refurbs, I stick with only true manufacture replacements.
Yep, I popped the new lamp in and it fired up right away. Quality of the new lamp seems great so far and the housing was exactly the same as the OEM lamp I took out of it. The only difference is the bulb itself doesn't say "OSRAM" on the back but I really don't know if that matters in reality because it looks identical besides that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts