AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION> SORRY FOR THE UNNECESSARY POST:

using replaytv 4xxx and just got motorola dch70/0281 digital (non hd) set top box. can't seen to get it to work with remote ir. std code and others turn box on and off. but does not change channels. do not see any numbers from comcast box appear on screen. also, box seems to slow down when connected, such as direct input by comcast remote page up and down has a delay. ultimately clears up.

i thought perhaps ir bug was in the wrong place but figured that if on/off works/ then could not be. HELP....

thanks john

I have a replay and digital hd box working fine.

ps can contact me offline if u like at [email protected]

·
Registered
184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil2man /forum/post/14193710

Finally Found A Code That Worked. Thanks.

For those who may search in the future, the code is 0810 (the same as the other Motorola DCH series boxes)

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy /forum/post/15232616

For those who may search in the future, the code is 0810 (the same as the other Motorola DCH series boxes)

I have two ReplayTV 45XX models and just got the Motorola DCH70 set top box and a Pace DC50X DTA that Comcast forced on me. The installer said that I needed to get a special cable to go from the boxes to the Replays in order for the Replay to "talk" to the boxes and change the channels for saving programs. I am really confused as to what to do now as I've not been able to find this special cable and no one seems to know what the h*** I'm talking about. I've read a lot about Replay and IR codes, but I've never had to use this so have no clue. Can someone please explain to me (in simple step-wise terms) what I need to do to be able to use my two lifetime Replays into the future after June 12th? Many Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So getting the IR Blaster is only 30% of the issue...once you HAVE the blaster, you'll find there seem to be no codes that work with the Pace DC50X. I could be wrong, but I'm not having any luck getting the darn box to work. Of course, I'm working with a Replay 3030, so maybe that's part of the problem (as for why I am CONSTANTLY out of memory and have to cycle power is another issue (and I'd welcome information/PM to fix this PITA)), but I just cannot seem to get my little IR Blaster conn'd between my Replay 3030 and the new "updated" Comcast-provided little special piece of hell we call the Pace DC50X at all.

Anyone with a code that'll work on the Replay 3030? There was one, 0237, that was suggested, but my 3030 says it's "not a valid replay code", so nada. I've also read that the Pace uses an IR "format" unsupported by the "old" Replay's...so while there seems to be some info out there, it's all saying I'm hosed with this box/Replay combination.

So...anybody have updates? Getting the IR Blaster cable is the easy part...getting it to actually WORK..ahhh, now there's the rub...

Help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts