AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question.

Here's my setup:

- TIVO SERIES 3 HD DVR with a MCARD Cablecard receiving Verizon FIOS - HDMI out to DVI in on the Lumagen

- 2 X DirecTIVO's, one for another HD Tuner and the other with a bunch of previous HD recordings that we watch from time to time - Component out to Component in on the Lumagen

- Lumagen HDP VP

- HTPC with HD Tuner/DVR and BluRay/HDDVD DVD capability - DVI out to DVI in on the Lumagen

- 42" VIZIO HD42 Plasma

- The NEC PG9200

I have been running the RGBHV output of the Lumagen to the NEC and the DVI output to the VIZIO, but because the NEC is not HDCP capable, I could only watch either one or the other, and I would have to take the DVI connector loose from the VIZIO when we wanted to watch on the NEC and hook it up again when watching on the VIZIO.

So, finally I decided to get the HDFURY to try to solve my problem and allow me to have both displays connected at the same time.

I installed the HDFURY on the DVI output thru a VGA splitter. I run the two outputs of that splitter to the NEC and to the VGA input of the VIZIO. I had installed the splitter in advance of the HDFURY just to try it out, and I turned HDCP off in the Lumagen, so I could get video on both the VIZIO and NEC. This worked fine, but I could only get the OTA channels on FIOS - the cable channels were blanked out due to HDCP being required.

Now that I have installed the HDFURY between the DVI out and the VGA splitter, the NEC keeps telling me that it is an "UNREGISTERED SIGNAL" and my static convergence changed when I did this, so everytime I fix it I cannot get it to store due to this issue.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
So, you changed source effectively, and the projector sees this as a new res.

But when you create a new input for the new res, set it up, and store it, the projector does not recognise the signal after turning it off and on again?

Is that it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W /forum/post/16853359

So, you changed source effectively, and the projector sees this as a new res.

But when you create a new input for the new res, set it up, and store it, the projector does not recognise the signal after turning it off and on again?

Is that it?

I figured it out Mark - and I re-entered my previous inputs, stored them, and then re-converged the NEC. Now it's locked in again.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.