AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the take classic 5.1

i was watching the tv food network today and twice the sub stopped outputting sound. i have it set in the middle option where it will turn off after 15 minutes if the receiver is off. (i was watching dinner impossible, hoping someone here had the same problem while watching the same show today hehehe)

both times i had to turn the denon receiver off and then on, the sub outputted sound after that. i am hoping it was just a problem with the programming at the time and not the sub.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
There a couple of reasons this could be happening. The first one is that the food network may not have enough LFE information to keep the sub on. The second is. Are you using a Y splitter to use both left and right ins on the sub? From the picture I found of your sub it does not have a single LFE in on the amp. It has a right and left in on its amp. I would try using the Y splitter if you aren't using one already. This will give the sub more signal. You may have to dial in your gain again on the sub after doing this.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey there squirrel. i am not using a splitter. i am using the energy take classic 5.1 system with the stock sub.

im convinced its food network channel because it has happened several times now when i watch it. when it happens i just switch channels and need to turn the sub off then back on and everything is fine. this has never happened before and never happens on any other channel i watch.

i am just surprised nobody else has had this issue watching the tv food network. it cant be my system because it works flawlessly on all other channels but that one (until recently that is).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts