AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like a bug to me, can someone shed any light on this issue for me:

From the time that I upgraded my original 2020 with a 4508 until now, I have had only one input into the 4508 -- my Motorola cable box. This is connected via RCA into Input 1. When using that cable box with my 2020, I never had a missed channel change. It always just worked. However, the 4508 occasionally misses channel changes, and it really bugs me. I'd say around one in every 15 or 20 fails, and I get the wrong show recorded (always from the channel that was on before.) This despite the fact that I used the same IRBlaster cable -- just plugged it into the new 4508. I tried changing the IRBlaster cable to the new one that came with the 4508, and it didn't fix the problem. The cable box code and fine tuning settings are all the same on the 4508 as they were with the 2020. :(

So.., I decided to split my cable and feed the RF input on the 4508. When I set up my 2020 this way several years ago (in a different house with a different cable provider / box), the RF input (analog cable channels) showed up as the lowest numbered channels, with the cable box input coming in a higher channel range. This is great because themes will record from the lower channels first, and I'd like to always record from the analog channels (which change correctly without an IRBlaster), and only use the cable box for channels that require it.

So I hooked it up and added the new input, selected the cable ready lineup... and it added the analog channels at the end. :( I then tried removing the cable box input, and it moved the analog channels down where they belong, but when I subsequently added back the cable box input, it moved the analog channels back up again. grrr.

I'm almost certain that it used to work the opposite way on my 2020 (RF input comes lower than Input 1 & 2 in the channel guide). Now, I need to delete all of the cable box channels except the ones that require the box. I also think this will require me to reschedule all of my non-theme based recordings (unless it's smart enough to revert to a different instance of the same channel when I delete the channel that the recording is scheduled on?)

This stinks. Any ideas (besides complaining -- got that one covered.)

--Joe

· Registered
67 Posts
I've got three units, starting with the very first model that Replay ever put out. My direct cable feed using the RF input has always been numbered in the 1000's with the input feed from the cable box being the lower numbered channels.

· Registered
6,490 Posts
The smaller lineup (the fewest channels) will be the one to be bumped up.

· Registered
67 Posts
Can't remember where I saw this, but I believe the lower block of channels is based upon which source has the larger number of channels. i.e.: digital cable box 100+ channels, direct cable in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.