AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed the bulb on my 73837 and for some reason my geometry is messed up. I had it perfect with the old bulb. Is this something common when you change bulbs? I didn't think geometry would be affected from that, and I never moved the TV when replacing it.

Also, it seems the left side of my screen is slightly darker now that I have a new bulb. Maybe it was like that before though and it was just harder to tell with my dying bulb. Thanks for any help with these issues, I almost wish I kept my dim old one in.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor /forum/post/20902064

I just changed the bulb on my 73837 and for some reason my geometry is messed up. I had it perfect with the old bulb. Is this something common when you change bulbs? I didn't think geometry would be affected from that, and I never moved the TV when replacing it.

Also, it seems the left side of my screen is slightly darker now that I have a new bulb. Maybe it was like that before though and it was just harder to tell with my dying bulb. Thanks for any help with these issues, I almost wish I kept my dim old one in.

Did you buy the lamp with a new housing from Mits? Put the old one back in see what happens.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yes it came from Mitsubishi with new housing. Should I try putting the new bulb in the old housing? Maybe it's the different housing that's causing it? Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it was the same with the old bulb. The only thing I can think of is taking out the old housing slightly moved something (light tunnel?) inside that screwed things up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.