AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a PT-AX200u to replace my AE-300.

My ceiling mount from the 300 wouldn't work, so I replaced it with a new Sonus universal mount. It seemingly hooks up nicely. The projector is connected to a Bell ExpressVu 9210 HD receiver via component cables. Exact same cable setup as the AE-300.

BUT, I can't get the silly thing aligned. I can get the top edge straight, but then the bottom edge slopes up from the left to the right. On a 92" screen the difference is about 2-3" so it is quite noticeable.

I realize there are 3 dimensions to think about when aligning the projector to the screen and maybe it was because we stayed up too late, but for the life of me, my buddy and I could not get this figured out last night before we gave up around 2:00AM.

Here's a crude representation I put together in Photoshop to try to illustrate what we're seeing:

If any body has some suggestions for what we're missing, I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the suggestion but the screen is actually grey paint on a flat wall.

Best regards,

Paul

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the projector lens centered on the screen or offset?

Is it ceiling or table mounted?

Have you used the Keystone function?

If it is off center at all did you keep the projector square to the screen and use the joystick for image centering?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryked /forum/post/15488644

Is the projector lens centered on the screen or offset?

Is it ceiling or table mounted?

Have you used the Keystone function?

If it is off center at all did you keep the projector square to the screen and use the joystick for image centering?

The projector is ceiling mounted and tried with the lens centered and offset.

No keystone function.

Used joystick for image centering, but joystick was it it's bottom extreme. I'm thinking of trying to lower the projector 8" or so and see if that makes a difference when the lens shift isn't at an extreme.

Best regards,

Paul

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Point it at a wall and make the image as small as possible. Is the image a perfect rectangle? If so, then your projector is tilted to the side somewhat. If not, then, there might be a problem with the projector not being rectangle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my old house I had a pole in the way so the projector was offset once the alignment was done with the joystick I had to go into the menu and adjust the Keystone. Fixed the image that you show above.

I think they recommend 6" below the top of the screen and lens centered. But the main reason I bought this projector was to work around the pole and it did just that. The hardest part was making sure the projector was as square as possible to the to the screen and nice and level.

Good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took another shot at this last night and we're happy with the results.

The universal mounting kit from Sonus came with a solution for mounting on a slanted ceiling and dropping the projector about 8 inches. We used that in our flat ceiling scenario to lower the projector.

This resulted in the lens tilt-shift adjustment being much closer to the center and the problem has virtually disappeared.

So it looks like our problem was caused by using the extreme range of the lens tilt-shift adjustment.

Best regards,

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts