AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a JVC Everio GZMG130 several weeks ago and I have attempted to burn some of the files onto a disc. Unfortunately, this has become a major source of frustration.

The camera creates files in .MOD format. In what I have read, it is a bear to get these files to burn to a disc. These files can be converted to .MPEG2 files. I did just that, but cannot get these to burn either. The camera came with Cyberlink software and those people have not be helpful in any way. We have a few days left to take the camera back for a return and are seriously considering that if we cannot get these files to burn. Has anyone else a similar issue with this camera, software, or these types of files? I even used Nero and still could not get them to burn in either format.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are in the same "frustrating" situation. We did research on the JVC camera and love it for it's size and internal hard drive! However, that CyberLink software is a HUGE PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!! My wife has struggled with this software since day 1 and has much animosity towards the process. Just last evening she was trying to make a movie and had to do it 3 different times before it would finally work.

We are actually in the process of trying to find another movie making software to replace the CyberLink junk. We were just at OfficeMax about an hour ago looking at an external DVD burner. However, the function it is missing is the ability to actually "make the movie" and add music, fades, titles, etc.

If anyone has any ideas on a replacement movie making software program, HELP, please.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone on another board mentioned using InterVideo WinDVD Creator. I downloaded the demo and was able to get the .mod files to burn. The only problem is it took my 16:9 picture and squeezed it into a 4:3 picture. I have looked for a setting, but have not found one yet. At least that's a start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have the same camera but can no longer find the cyberlink cd. By any chance do you still gave it (I quite liked it)?

Did you find another dvd burning program that managed to burn the .mod & .moi files without losing all the info.

I know many years have passed from your original post but I would be greatful for any help you could give me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts