AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My Panasonic TC L55ET5 been around in my home for 6months now and connected to it are the ff:

HDMI 1...satellite receiver by a satellite TV provider...

HDMI 2... my Samsung 5.1 home theater...

HDMI 3... my LG blu ray player...and

HDMI 4.. my 2nd FTA satellite receiver that i have been trying to connect for the first time the whole afternoon.

Here is my problem...when I attached the HDMI cable from my 2nd satellite receiver to the #4HDMI port on the TV all I can hear is the audio but no video...the screen is black and a window came out with these notes: "No signal. Ensure that the external device is turned on and properly connected to the TV's input. Select source by pressing (INPUT) on the remote."

I was 100% sure that my external device was on and properly connected because whenever I connected it to my 19" Toshiba LED TV all were OK...there were video & audio. (I just unplug the HDMI cable from my Panasonic TV and plugged it right away on the HDMI port on my Toshiba TV).

I have also tried connecting an RCA jacks from my 2nd satellite receiver to the RCA input jacks on the back of my Panasonic TV but just the same...only audio and no video.

Any informations and suggestions from you guys out there especially those owning a Panasonic TC L55ET5 in solving my problem will be much appreciated..Thank you!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The problem is likely that your FTA receiver is set to output a resolution or more likely a frame rate that is incompatible with the TV. Most US TV's require a 60 Hz frame rate and most FTA receivers can do either 50 or 60 Hz. You need to read the FTA receiver's manual to set the resolution and frame rate to one that the TV can accept.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi John...

Thank you for your prompt reply on my problem...

All my LED TVs, the Toshiba 19" and Panasonic 55" came from the US courtesy of my son in NY...I bought my HD FTA receiver here in our country (Philippines).

When my Toshiba TV arrived months ahead of my Panasonic TV I tried my HD FTA receiver on it and they works...didn't do any adjustments on both...

I selected the Panasonic TC L55ET5 from other brands because it has 4 HDMI ports so I can use the following:

my other satellite receiver (from local satellite TV provider) for HDMI#1,

my Samsung Home Theater (bought locally) for HDMI#2,

my LG Blu-Ray player (courtesy of my son too
) for HDMI#3

and lately decided to try my FTA HD receiver that was permanently connected to a 32" Samsung LCD TV (locally bought) to the remaining HDMI#4 that did not work right

I will try your suggestion and will be looking for that FTA receiver manual and hope and pray everything will turn out right as you have said...

Again, thank you so much...

Art

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi John,

Tried the suggestion you gave me yesterday some 20mins ago and after tweaking the menu of my HD FTA receiver the video came out!

Thank you very much for your prompt & kind help
...now I can enjoy watching more HD FTA channels on my Panasonic TV...

Art

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Just a note to others visiting this thread. If you import a TV from North America then beware 50Hz compatibility. Whilst all TVs sold in Europe are compatible with both 50 and 60Hz video sources, it's much more hit and miss in the US, Canada etc. I suspect the OP's Toshiba supports both 50 and 60Hz inputs, whilst the Panasonic doesn't support 50Hz. (Some FTA receivers, and I suspect the OP's is one of them, allow you to alter the refresh rate of the output irrespective of the broadcast being tuned. Not all do though)

In Europe 50 and 60Hz support is a requirement for the European HD EICTA/DIgital Europe licensing ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_ready ) that is universally used on TVs - "HD Ready", and "HD 1080p Ready" as well as "HDTV". If you live in a 50Hz territory, or want to watch 50Hz content, then a European import is a more guaranteed way of ensuring compatibility. It's particularly difficult to find frame-rate support in many manufacturers' manuals - they detail resolution (1080p, 1080i, 720p etc.) but not frame rate. If you see 576p or 576i as a supported resolution that's a good sign - as 576i/p are 50Hz only formats (they are the 50Hz equivalent of the 60Hz 480i/480p SD standards)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.