Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm having trouble connecting my computer and my dvd.

I tried with the 15 pin to 5 bnc but the picture is rolling madly. I tried whith different resolutions and freq but nothing helped.

I also tried the dvd rgb to port 3 but there i have the same problem. The picture is stable for a sec when i turn the dvd on but then it starts rolling.

Please help me!!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Are you using negative sync on the computer? You need to set negative sync in on the video card, computers by default use positive sync. The ATI control panel will let you do this for ATI video cards, or get Powerstrip, which is good for resolution control anyway.

But if port 3 is rolling, you may need to adjust the v/h hold pots to make the image stop rolling. Not sure where they are, I think they are on the vertical and horizontal deflection boards.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The v-hold pots may adjust a different sync handling circuit than the composite and s-video. But I don't have the circuit diagrams handy to know, and if I did, I don't think I could read them. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anybody know where they are and if i should try that. Is it possible to screw up totally and damage the pj?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would not go tweaking pots inside the projector until your are sure you know what you are doing.

First, make sure you have the correct cable for port 3. As mentioned above (by Cousin.It) you need a special cable to go from VGA output of Pc to the Barco.

I'm sure if you do a search in this forum the correct cable pin assignment is in the database.

Steve

·
Registered
594 Posts
If it?s a 808s it should work with any sync on both port 3 and 4/5, So I think it is the V-Hold.

It is easy to locate just use the attached picture, and when you have located the pot turn it to the left ore right until the picture locks and you are ready to begin the calibrating.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, the picture stopped moving but there's another problem. i can see the whole picture but when i press adj i can only see half the menu... What am i doing wrong!!

I made a scart to db9 with the correct pin assignment. When i turn on the dvd the picture first flashes green then the right picture appears, but after just a second it stretches out and the resolution is really bad.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Try the V-Hold again and have the menu on when you adjust it, you have to turn it very gently and the picture should lock in the right place.

The db9 input can't take the rgb signal from scart you have to use the 5 BNC input.

Your scart has to low voltage on the sync.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You need 1 v but the scart outputs about 0,3v - 0,5v i think!

Bare hyggelig!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes! It worked!

Thanks a lot man!

Now I just have to figure out the rest, but that wont be a problem.. otherwise I'll be back.

Have an exellent saturday night!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.