AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved into a new house and trying to setup my HT screen. Problem is in there is a 7inch ledge running all the way around the room(its structural). Its approximately 4ft off the ground. The problem being how to mount the Screen. Will there be any issues anyone can think of hanging it from ceiling studs via wire? Its 100 diagonal Carada precision screen. Have pics if someone wants to see them for better advice.

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb /forum/post/16847544

Pics would be good.

Could you mount it on 7" blocks out from the wall, so the screen would actually be 7" out from the wall on all sides?

Scott

I was thinking of trying to hang it from the ceiling via piano wire, but with a 7 inch gap between the upper and lower parts of the screen I was wondering about light issues?

· Registered
12,276 Posts
Is this a raised ranch style? I had one and basically the cinderblock only goes part way up the wall, thus causing the bump. Basically you have to block it out. But, if you use a fixed frame it is pretty easy. Most the fixed frames only hang from the top part of the frame, so you only need to block out that part. If you make the blocking exactly the same depth as the jut out on the bottom 1/2 of the wall, it will just rest on the bottom nice and flat. Remember also that the blocking doesn't have to be pretty as you'll never see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.